Password Sync

I have two computers, laptop and desktop.

Both computers have password=X
Office network password=X

I had the laptop at home and had to change my password on the desktop
connected to the office network to Y. No problem either logging onto
Windows or the office network.

I brought the laptop in, connected to the network and booted up and could
not get into Win2k or the network using password Y.

Disconnected from the network, logged into Win2K using password=X.

Tried to change Win2K password from X to Y using the Ctl-Alt-Delete task
manager prompt for password change-'Not authorized to change'.

How can I get my laptop Win2K Pro system to recognize my new Y password so
I can log on to Win2K and the network at the same time?

TIA

"George W. Barrowcliff" <barrowcl@flash.net> wrote in message
> I have two computers, laptop and desktop.
>
> Both computers have password=X
> Office network password=X
>
> I had the laptop at home and had to change my password on the desktop
> connected to the office network to Y. No problem either logging onto
> Windows or the office network.
>
> I brought the laptop in, connected to the network and booted up and could
> not get into Win2k or the network using password Y.
>
> Disconnected from the network, logged into Win2K using password=X.
>
> Tried to change Win2K password from X to Y using the Ctl-Alt-Delete task
> manager prompt for password change-'Not authorized to change'.
>
> How can I get my laptop Win2K Pro system to recognize my new Y password
so
> I can log on to Win2K and the network at the same time?
>
> TIA

This is really something that your network administrator should do
for you. The usual method goes like this:

- At work you get validated by the domain controller, using
server-based credentials.
- At home you get validated locally, using laptop-based credentials.

Your administrator can set this up for you and show you how to
change between domain validation and local validation.

TRENDING THREADS