Error code is 0x7e

Todd

I am looking for help on a problem.

When i go to setup windows components in add or remove programs i get this:

Setup library wmsocm.dll could not be loaded, or fuction OcEntry could not
be found.
Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.

it is the same problem in Article id 838860. but that did not help

please help

Thanks
Todd

Sounds like you missing one or more dependant DLL's and or registrations.
You can use the support tool 'depends.exe' to see the dependency trail.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q301423/

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"todd" wrote:
|I am looking for help on a problem.
|
| When i go to setup windows components in add or remove programs i get
this:

| Setup library wmsocm.dll could not be loaded, or fuction OcEntry could not
| be found.
| Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.
|

| it is the same problem in Article id 838860. but that did not help
|
| please help
|
| Thanks
| Todd

Todd

How do i find the dependency with that program.
I have opened it up, but am not sure how it works.

Thanks
Todd

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Sounds like you missing one or more dependant DLL's and or registrations.
> You can use the support tool 'depends.exe' to see the dependency trail.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q301423/
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "todd" wrote:
> |I am looking for help on a problem.
> |
> | When i go to setup windows components in add or remove programs i get
> this:
> |
> | Setup library wmsocm.dll could not be loaded, or fuction OcEntry could not
> | be found.
> | Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.
> |

> | it is the same problem in Article id 838860. but that did not help
> |
> | please help
> |
> | Thanks
> | Todd

File|Open and browse to the file "wmsocm.dll"

--

"todd" wrote:
| How do i find the dependency with that program.
| I have opened it up, but am not sure how it works.
|
| Thanks
| Todd

Todd

There is no file wmsocm.dll on the server.
How do i put it back

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> File|Open and browse to the file "wmsocm.dll"
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "todd" wrote:
> | How do i find the dependency with that program.
> | I have opened it up, but am not sure how it works.
> |
> | Thanks
> | Todd

The file is a Windows Media Services Setup DLL for Windows Server 2003. You
may need to install the latest version of Windows Media Player

--

"todd" wrote:
| There is no file wmsocm.dll on the server.
| How do i put it back

Todd

I have installed the latest version of windows Media Player and the file
wmsocm.dll is still not there. i have that file in: .CAT, .PNF, and .inf
Is there anything else that i can try?
Windows Media Player works.

Thanks
Todd

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> The file is a Windows Media Services Setup DLL for Windows Server 2003. You
> may need to install the latest version of Windows Media Player
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "todd" wrote:
> | There is no file wmsocm.dll on the server.
> | How do i put it back

Like I said the file is a Windows Server 2003 file. No idea, from what you
tell us, why you have a reference to it. They may know more here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer&cat=en_US_d8618986-9567-4a78-bc02-421e6c8b1ba7&lang=en&cr=US