Error code is 0x7e

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 16, 2005 10:07:03 AM

I am looking for help on a problem.

When i go to setup windows components in add or remove programs i get this:

Setup library wmsocm.dll could not be loaded, or fuction OcEntry could not
be found.
Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.

it is the same problem in Article id 838860. but that did not help

please help

Thanks
Todd

More about : error code 0x7e

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 11:59:48 AM

Sounds like you missing one or more dependant DLL's and or registrations.
You can use the support tool 'depends.exe' to see the dependency trail.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q301423/

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"todd" wrote:
|I am looking for help on a problem.
|
| When i go to setup windows components in add or remove programs i get
this:

| Setup library wmsocm.dll could not be loaded, or fuction OcEntry could not
| be found.
| Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.
|

| it is the same problem in Article id 838860. but that did not help
|
| please help
|
| Thanks
| Todd
September 16, 2005 11:59:49 AM

How do i find the dependency with that program.
I have opened it up, but am not sure how it works.

Thanks
Todd

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Sounds like you missing one or more dependant DLL's and or registrations.
> You can use the support tool 'depends.exe' to see the dependency trail.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q301423/
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "todd" wrote:
> |I am looking for help on a problem.
> |
> | When i go to setup windows components in add or remove programs i get
> this:
> |
> | Setup library wmsocm.dll could not be loaded, or fuction OcEntry could not
> | be found.
> | Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.
> |

> | it is the same problem in Article id 838860. but that did not help
> |
> | please help
> |
> | Thanks
> | Todd

September 16, 2005 12:27:54 PM

File|Open and browse to the file "wmsocm.dll"

--

"todd" wrote:
| How do i find the dependency with that program.
| I have opened it up, but am not sure how it works.
|
| Thanks
| Todd
September 16, 2005 12:27:55 PM

There is no file wmsocm.dll on the server.
How do i put it back

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> File|Open and browse to the file "wmsocm.dll"
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "todd" wrote:
> | How do i find the dependency with that program.
> | I have opened it up, but am not sure how it works.
> |
> | Thanks
> | Todd

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 12:58:12 PM

The file is a Windows Media Services Setup DLL for Windows Server 2003. You
may need to install the latest version of Windows Media Player

--

"todd" wrote:
| There is no file wmsocm.dll on the server.
| How do i put it back
September 16, 2005 12:58:13 PM

I have installed the latest version of windows Media Player and the file
wmsocm.dll is still not there. i have that file in: .CAT, .PNF, and .inf
Is there anything else that i can try?
Windows Media Player works.

Thanks
Todd

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> The file is a Windows Media Services Setup DLL for Windows Server 2003. You
> may need to install the latest version of Windows Media Player
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "todd" wrote:
> | There is no file wmsocm.dll on the server.
> | How do i put it back

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 1:56:22 PM

Like I said the file is a Windows Server 2003 file. No idea, from what you
tell us, why you have a reference to it. They may know more here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...

--

"todd" wrote:
|I have installed the latest version of windows Media Player and the file
| wmsocm.dll is still not there. i have that file in: .CAT, .PNF, and .inf
| Is there anything else that i can try?
| Windows Media Player works.
|
| Thanks
| Todd
June 19, 2006 7:40:15 PM

Quote:
hi todd,

i had this problem, too. it was very simple to fix:

use this link -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838420/en-us

follow the steps in the article.

good luck!

florian

Excellent advice.
I had the same problem after uninstalling Roxio 6 and installing Nero 7.
Roxio uninstall program erased the "Path" entry in system variables. After manualling reinstalling "Path" in system variables Add/Remove Windows Components was functional.
!