Computer asks me to hit del

Hi this computer is a dell using win 2k prof
When I start my computer it finds the keyboard, mouse, and hard drives then
stops the boot process and asks me to hit del to continue. When I hit the del
key the computer boots normaly. I am concered that this is a trojan horse or
somthing else nasty. I have symantec anti virous and am using microsoft anti
spyware. they aren't telling me anything. Since my computer is starting OK it
is not the end of the world but it pisses me off when my computer starts
changing with out me telling it to.
any help would be great.
Thanks

"karen the red" <karenthered@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi this computer is a dell using win 2k prof
> When I start my computer it finds the keyboard, mouse, and hard drives
then
> stops the boot process and asks me to hit del to continue. When I hit the
del
> key the computer boots normaly. I am concered that this is a trojan horse
or
> somthing else nasty. I have symantec anti virous and am using microsoft
anti
> spyware. they aren't telling me anything. Since my computer is starting OK
it
> is not the end of the world but it pisses me off when my computer starts
> changing with out me telling it to.
> any help would be great.
> Thanks

Seeing that the prompt to hit the Delete key comes well before
Win2000 begins to start, this would seem to be a hardware
issue, not a Win2000 issue. Respondents monitoring hardware
newsgroups would be best qualified to assist you. My guess is
that your problem is caused by some setting in the BIOS. On
many PCs, pressing the Delete key very early during the boot
phase gets you into the BIOS setup - give it a try!