Computer asks me to hit del

Hi this computer is a dell using win 2k prof
When I start my computer it finds the keyboard, mouse, and hard drives then
stops the boot process and asks me to hit del to continue. When I hit the del
key the computer boots normaly. I am concered that this is a trojan horse or
somthing else nasty. I have symantec anti virous and am using microsoft anti
spyware. they aren't telling me anything. Since my computer is starting OK it
is not the end of the world but it pisses me off when my computer starts
changing with out me telling it to.
any help would be great.
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about computer asks

    "karen the red" <karenthered@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi this computer is a dell using win 2k prof
    > When I start my computer it finds the keyboard, mouse, and hard drives
    then
    > stops the boot process and asks me to hit del to continue. When I hit the
    del
    > key the computer boots normaly. I am concered that this is a trojan horse
    or
    > somthing else nasty. I have symantec anti virous and am using microsoft
    anti
    > spyware. they aren't telling me anything. Since my computer is starting OK
    it
    > is not the end of the world but it pisses me off when my computer starts
    > changing with out me telling it to.
    > any help would be great.
    > Thanks

    Seeing that the prompt to hit the Delete key comes well before
    Win2000 begins to start, this would seem to be a hardware
    issue, not a Win2000 issue. Respondents monitoring hardware
    newsgroups would be best qualified to assist you. My guess is
    that your problem is caused by some setting in the BIOS. On
    many PCs, pressing the Delete key very early during the boot
    phase gets you into the BIOS setup - give it a try!

Computers Microsoft Windows