How to restrict Internet access?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

I have just built a computer for my son using old extra parts. Since he is
13 years old, I do not want him to have direct access to the internet except
through AOL. Is there a way in Win2k to remove IE or restrict his access to
AOL only? I'm using a Linksys router WRT54G, and it has some limiting
abilities, but they'll restrict all computers on my home network.

I truly appreciate any and all help.
Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about restrict internet access
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

    Sablo wrote:
    > I have just built a computer for my son using old extra parts. Since he is
    > 13 years old, I do not want him to have direct access to the internet except
    > through AOL. Is there a way in Win2k to remove IE or restrict his access to
    > AOL only? I'm using a Linksys router WRT54G, and it has some limiting
    > abilities, but they'll restrict all computers on my home network.
    >
    > I truly appreciate any and all help.
    > Thank you.

    For some requirements, your brother may find it easier to invest in
    a 3rd-party solution, such as NetNanny or CyberPatrol.

    You need to be aware, however, that *NO* technical or software
    solution is 100% child/fool-proof, and _none_ can ever adequately take
    the place of live adult supervision. If you cannot trust your child to
    safely/properly use the computer without supervision, you may have to
    consider limiting his access to it.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: