IE Security Settings

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
September 23, 2005 10:08:20 PM

I'm in the process of "re-creating" my main Win2K system on another
machine by doing a freshh install.

I've successfully imported my IE bookmarks and cookies to the new
machine but is there any way that I can transfer or import my IE
security settings from the first machine to the second?

More about : security settings

September 24, 2005 6:14:37 AM

In news:43347cfd$0$77608$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net,
Sid Knee <mevagissy@gmail.com> had this to say:

> I'm in the process of "re-creating" my main Win2K system on another
> machine by doing a freshh install.
>
> I've successfully imported my IE bookmarks and cookies to the new
> machine but is there any way that I can transfer or import my IE
> security settings from the first machine to the second?

It's easier than you think probably:

Export Trusted Zone & Restricted Zone domains list to separate REG files:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#zones

However, with all registry operations...

Notes:
* Just so you know editing the registry isn't the brightest thing to do
though many of us do it all the time. However, you have been warned. For a
better warning:
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/regedit_warn.html

** Before you do this it would be wise of you to right click in the
left-hand pane on the appropriate branch and selecting the "export" option
to save it to a safe location so that you might restore it.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 24, 2005 2:39:32 PM

Galen wrote:
> In news:43347cfd$0$77608$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net,
> Sid Knee <mevagissy@gmail.com> had this to say:

>>I'm in the process of "re-creating" my main Win2K system on another
>>machine by doing a freshh install.
>>
>>I've successfully imported my IE bookmarks and cookies to the new
>>machine but is there any way that I can transfer or import my IE
>>security settings from the first machine to the second?
>

> It's easier than you think probably: (etc)

Thanks, Galen .... looks like just the job. I'll give it a whirl.
!