IE Security Settings

I'm in the process of "re-creating" my main Win2K system on another
machine by doing a freshh install.

I've successfully imported my IE bookmarks and cookies to the new
machine but is there any way that I can transfer or import my IE
security settings from the first machine to the second?
2 answers Last reply
More about security settings

    In news:43347cfd$0$77608$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net,
    Sid Knee <mevagissy@gmail.com> had this to say:

    > I'm in the process of "re-creating" my main Win2K system on another
    > machine by doing a freshh install.
    >
    > I've successfully imported my IE bookmarks and cookies to the new
    > machine but is there any way that I can transfer or import my IE
    > security settings from the first machine to the second?

    It's easier than you think probably:

    Export Trusted Zone & Restricted Zone domains list to separate REG files:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#zones

    However, with all registry operations...

    Notes:
    * Just so you know editing the registry isn't the brightest thing to do
    though many of us do it all the time. However, you have been warned. For a
    better warning:
    http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/regedit_warn.html

    ** Before you do this it would be wise of you to right click in the
    left-hand pane on the appropriate branch and selecting the "export" option
    to save it to a safe location so that you might restore it.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    Galen wrote:
    > In news:43347cfd$0$77608$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net,
    > Sid Knee <mevagissy@gmail.com> had this to say:

    >>I'm in the process of "re-creating" my main Win2K system on another
    >>machine by doing a freshh install.
    >>
    >>I've successfully imported my IE bookmarks and cookies to the new
    >>machine but is there any way that I can transfer or import my IE
    >>security settings from the first machine to the second?
    >

    > It's easier than you think probably: (etc)

    Thanks, Galen .... looks like just the job. I'll give it a whirl.

Internet Explorer Security Microsoft Windows