INVALID_BOOT_DEVICE Stop Message

Hi,

After deploying an image on another computer of the same hardware configuration running windows 200 pro, I am unable to boot up the cloned machine. I recieve the stop error message of:
INVALID_BOOT_DEVICE
at the system start up. I am loading no SCSI or RAID hard drive. It is just exact the same computer that I made image of. Why is that? I could not get any help from Microsoft's articles. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arya

There are many reason why you might get the Stop 0x7b Inaccessible boot
device. You have stated that you're booting the cloned machine then you
state that it's "exact the same computer." Are we talking about two
machines or one machine?

Daniel Chang
Server Setup Team

Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!
This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of Microsoft.

"Arya" <ag05951@fhda.edu> wrote in message
: Hi,
: