Recover Partition

sadamhu

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Hey there! I have recently reformatted my computer and loaded it with an image to a state to where I like windows and etc to be.

This hard drive has been partitioned. C drive is fine and windows is working well. The D drive partition is hidden, and it has also been renamed from D: drive to 1: drive hahaha! I think this could be the reason why I can't rename it in the disk management and to make it accessible! Does anyone have a clue as to how I could get that partition active again? And hopefully keep the files stored on it intact? Thanks for your time and future suggestions.

tomatthe

Distinguished
You could probably accomplish that using diskpart booted from a winpe cd. I would guess though that whatever the method of accessing that service partition probably requires it to be setup exactly as it is, and if you change that it likely won't be usable anymore to restore your system.

sadamhu

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2011
Thank you for your answer. Its a partition I made as storage of graphic design work. now I can't access it! argh! What would be some of the commands I could type in to get it to be visible in "my computer"?