Ghost Image XP

Kostas

Senario:
I have an image created with Ghost on a pc with ide
chipset for the hard drives.
I need to use the same image on a pc with scsi chipset for
the hard drives.
Of cource when I install the ghosted image the pc BSOD's
and I am assuming becasue of the scsi vs ide.
My question is how can/do to port that image on scsi pc
without re-creating the whole image from scratch?
Any help will greatly appreciated

Look up how to "sysprep" an image...

"Kostas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Senario:
> I have an image created with Ghost on a pc with ide
> chipset for the hard drives.
> I need to use the same image on a pc with scsi chipset for
> the hard drives.
> Of cource when I install the ghosted image the pc BSOD's
> and I am assuming becasue of the scsi vs ide.
> My question is how can/do to port that image on scsi pc
> without re-creating the whole image from scratch?
> Any help will greatly appreciated

Depends on the BSOD. If you're Stop 0x7b then you need to follow the
following article on setting up Mass Storage drivers with sysprep.

254078 How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows Installations
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=254078

314479 How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=314479

Daniel Chang
Server Setup Team

Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!
This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of Microsoft.