Antec 900 -- dust magent?

graysky

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
I just saw this case in the store today and am wondering how much dust all those fans pump into the thing? Anyone out there been using this case for several months or so? How bad is the dust content on your board, HSF, etc.

Thanks for the info.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
#1 dust magnet award at the ces!

you got a few choices - 1) put foam on the front

2) its very difficult but possible to install foam inbetween the mesh and fan - i gave up - so its very difficult to remove those fans!

3) keep it really clean in front of the 900

i just sold a system and the custom choose the 900 - herer is a quote from my email:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129021 (lights and windows)

The antec 900 is really good for a enclosed area - it has massive air flow with 2 12cm intakes and a very large 15cm plus exhaust fan on top in addition to the rear 12cm fan.

the only draw back is the intakes are difficult to filter without attaching foam to front - if the area the computer is stored at is very clean and free of dust this is your best choice. 19.4'' x 8.1'' x 18.4'' (L x W x H)

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
i am lmao! with #2 - my mom blindfolded could make it look nicer! lol

ok - i built a few 900's and i am a fan and not a fan - my main problem is dust. but the cabling is an issue

you can build that case with modding to case - lol you do need a module cable psu.

but you can run all the cables along the side and zip them together into one bundle and looks good - not as awesome as number 1 - but i not getting paid enough for that detail job!

nice post!

technology-sponge

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
lol

I don't have an antec900, but ive got a thermaltake kandalf.
it has similar fan configs, with the exception of the 20cm fan at the top being a 25cm fan on the side panel. within 2 days of lugging that case into my house, the front filkters were clogged.

any case that basically has opened mesh panels/heaps of fans is likely to be a dust gatherer. it does depend too on your home environment, the effectiveness of the filters and the cfm of the fanms