mastershorty87

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2007
whenever i play a game and am moving rapidly then these lines move up the screen that look somthing like scan lines... its not that bad to the point where i cant see the game anymore.. but its still kind of annoying... mostly happens when im in a dark room and start shooting a gun...

maybe its somthing I can fix? any ideas?

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
You need to be a bit more specific. Are you talking about playing a consol game through your TV tuner card or regular PC game? This section is about tv tuner and capture cards. If you are seeing refresh lines like that then up your refresh rate to like 85 Hz. Other then that i'm not sure what to do.

Yes, please be more specific.

If it is refresh lines:

Here's an explanation

Basically, in your video options for whatever game your playing, there is an option called Vsync or Vertical Synchronization (most likely), this will cap your framerate to match the response time of your monitor and thus eliminate tearing...for the most part Tearing happens when your graphics card is generating more frames than your monitor can physically put out due to the monitors refresh rate.

To check your monitors refresh rate:
At the desktop>right click>properties>settings>advanced>monitor

If your on an lcd most likely your monitor is capable of ~60hz or ~70hz which means that if you turn on Vsync in your games, your framrate will remain constant to match the refresh rate (60fps or 70fps). If your graphics card is capable of high enough framerates.

If your on a CRT you could possibly get up to about 85hz-120hz which means that if you turn on Vsync in your games, your framrate will remain constant to match the refresh rate (85fps or 120fps). If your graphics card is capable of high enough framerates.

EXAMPLE: Lets say your on an lcd and the refresh rate is 70.... your playing World of Warcraft at ~237fps but you notice Tearing in the textures.... go to the video options and turn on Vertical Sync and it will leave you at a constant 70fps and the tearing will be almost non existant.

You may notice that the tearing is gone but things may not move by as smoothly as you would like and thus you would have to choose between the two.

Anywayz, if tearing is not the issue...Best of luck finding out what the issue is.

~3lfk1ng

TRENDING THREADS