What's the USB printer called in a Command Prompt?

I have PostScript files that I want to send to my printer but I don't
know its DOS device name. (I've just started using XP after many years
of using Win95.)

I used to regularly use (and still need to):

copy junk.ps lpt1:

except that my printer isn't on the parallel port anymore; it's USB.
So, at a command prompt, I need to type:

copy junk.ps [what?]

Thanks for responses.
1 answer Last reply
More about what printer called command prompt

    PrintFromDOS in XP
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm

    "Malcolm" wrote:

    > I have PostScript files that I want to send to my printer but I don't
    > know its DOS device name. (I've just started using XP after many years
    > of using Win95.)
    >
    > I used to regularly use (and still need to):
    >
    > copy junk.ps lpt1:
    >
    > except that my printer isn't on the parallel port anymore; it's USB.
    > So, at a command prompt, I need to type:
    >
    > copy junk.ps [what?]
    >
    > Thanks for responses.

Command Prompt Printers Windows XP