What's the USB printer called in a Command Prompt?

March 22, 2005 8:01:04 PM

I have PostScript files that I want to send to my printer but I don't
know its DOS device name. (I've just started using XP after many years
of using Win95.)

I used to regularly use (and still need to):

copy junk.ps lpt1:

except that my printer isn't on the parallel port anymore; it's USB.
So, at a command prompt, I need to type:

copy junk.ps [what?]

Thanks for responses.
March 22, 2005 8:01:05 PM

PrintFromDOS in XP