Can't see other computers in Workgroup

hi!

We have a network with Win2000 and WinXP. All computers are in a workgroup
with the same name.
When i try to see ohter computers i get ("Workgroup is not accessible.
Account is not authorized to log in from this station).
How can i work hits out?

Thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about computers workgroup

    Alberto wrote:
    > hi!
    >
    > We have a network with Win2000 and WinXP. All computers are in a workgroup
    > with the same name.
    > When i try to see ohter computers i get ("Workgroup is not accessible.
    > Account is not authorized to log in from this station).
    > How can i work hits out?
    >
    > Thanks,

    On the WinXP PC, create local user account(s), with password(s),
    that have the desired access privileges to the desired shares. Log on
    to the other PCs using those account(s), and you will be able to
    access the designated shares, provided your network is configured
    properly. Also, make sure that WinXP's built-in firewall
    is disabled on the internal LAN connection.

    On the Win2K PC, create local user account(s), with password(s),
    that have the desired access privileges to the desired shares. Log on
    to the other PCs using those account(s), and you will be able to
    access the designated shares, provided your network is configured
    properly.

    Usually, WinXP's Networking Wizard makes it simple and painless --
    almost entirely automatic, in fact. There's a lot of useful,
    easy-to-follow information in WinXP's Help & Support files, and here:

    Home Networking
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/howto/homenet/default.asp

    Networking Information
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking.htm

    PracticallyNetworked Home
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/index.htm

    Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ

    Configuring Windows 2000 Professional to Work in a Peer-to-Peer
    Network
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q258717

    --

    Bruce Chambers