Can't see other computers in Workgroup

March 22, 2005 8:33:47 PM

hi!

We have a network with Win2000 and WinXP. All computers are in a workgroup
with the same name.
When i try to see ohter computers i get ("Workgroup is not accessible.
Account is not authorized to log in from this station).
How can i work hits out?

Thanks,

More about : computers workgroup

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:33:48 PM

Alberto wrote:
> hi!
>
> We have a network with Win2000 and WinXP. All computers are in a workgroup
> with the same name.
> When i try to see ohter computers i get ("Workgroup is not accessible.
> Account is not authorized to log in from this station).
> How can i work hits out?
>
> Thanks,

On the WinXP PC, create local user account(s), with password(s),
that have the desired access privileges to the desired shares. Log on
to the other PCs using those account(s), and you will be able to
access the designated shares, provided your network is configured
properly. Also, make sure that WinXP's built-in firewall
is disabled on the internal LAN connection.

On the Win2K PC, create local user account(s), with password(s),
that have the desired access privileges to the desired shares. Log on
to the other PCs using those account(s), and you will be able to
access the designated shares, provided your network is configured
properly.

Usually, WinXP's Networking Wizard makes it simple and painless --
almost entirely automatic, in fact. There's a lot of useful,
easy-to-follow information in WinXP's Help & Support files, and here:

Home Networking
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/howto/hom...

Networking Information
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking.htm

PracticallyNetworked Home
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/index.htm

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ

Configuring Windows 2000 Professional to Work in a Peer-to-Peer
Network
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q258717

--

Bruce Chambers