Action replay question...

Last response: in Video Games
November 21, 2004 4:58:52 PM

I got the new action replay with the FR/LG codes pre-programmed, my
question is...WHY IN THE HELL WON'T THEY WORK?????

I marked the "encounter" box, and the Mew box, and I get the same old
pokes I caught weeks ago!! Either I'm doing something wrong, or my AR
is defective.

Or it could be the "cheaters never prosper" gods laughing at me for
wasting $20.00!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Kevin.

More about : action replay question

Anonymous
November 21, 2004 6:59:09 PM

Kevin Shipman wrote:

> I got the new action replay with the FR/LG codes pre-programmed, my
> question is...WHY IN THE HELL WON'T THEY WORK?????
>
> I marked the "encounter" box, and the Mew box, and I get the same old
> pokes I caught weeks ago!! Either I'm doing something wrong, or my AR
> is defective.
>
> Or it could be the "cheaters never prosper" gods laughing at me for
> wasting $20.00!!!
>
> Any help would be appreciated!!
>
> Kevin.

What is the thing you are talking about? I have not heard of it before.

--
Richard The Blind Typer
Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

The action replay is a cheating device that less skilled players, such
as myself, resort to to gain an unfair advantage, that is, of corse,
when it works!! In the old days, it was called a Game Shark, and before
that, it was a game genie.

Now, with the history lesson out of the way... HELP!!! I can't cheat
properly without help!! LOL
November 21, 2004 11:01:27 PM

Kevin Shipman wrote:

> The action replay is a cheating device that less skilled players, such
> as myself, resort to to gain an unfair advantage, that is, of corse,
> when it works!!

Beating Pokemon is hardly a matter of skill. Hell, blind people can
play this game. In an RPG like this, all you need is enough patience to
level up your characters until they can beat anything. Trying to catch
'em all is another thing, and is supposed encourage either: A) spending
tons of cash on the other games so you can trade with yourself or B)
socializing with other people so you can trade with them. Unless, of
course, you're trying to get Mew or Celebi. Then it's just an act of
civil disobedience.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

November 22, 2004 2:48:45 PM

"Kevin Shipman" <kevin4lil@webtv.net> wrote in message
> I marked the "encounter" box, and the Mew box, and I get the same old
> pokes I caught weeks ago!! Either I'm doing something wrong, or my AR
> is defective.
>
> Or it could be the "cheaters never prosper" gods laughing at me for
> wasting $20.00!!!

That'll be it, although it's quite a spiritual way of putting it. If you
consider Nintendo's anti-filthy-cheater measures to be divine acts, though,
then yes, it'll be the gods.

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 109
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 6:13:53 PM

"Matt" <winkstwo@sssnet.com> wrote in news:10q682n97mv6id4
@corp.supernews.com:

> "Kevin Shipman" <kevin4lil@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>I got the new action replay with the FR/LG codes pre-programmed, my
>> question is...WHY IN THE HELL WON'T THEY WORK?????
>>
>> I marked the "encounter" box, and the Mew box, and I get the same old
>> pokes I caught weeks ago!! Either I'm doing something wrong, or my AR
>> is defective.
>>
>> Or it could be the "cheaters never prosper" gods laughing at me for
>> wasting $20.00!!!
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated!!
>>
>> Kevin.
>>

> I had the same trouble with Action Replay--usually you had to press
start
> after what you want. You don't need the
> "encouter" on--because I'm assuming it's "No random encounters". Ok.
Now,
> click "Mew", by
> press start (you might have to move a switch on "Action Replay" to do
> so)---and you will Mew will
> make appearances.

My girlfriend bought an Xploder cartridge. It's an absolute pile of
rubbish. We wanted to be able to get the tickets for the various islands
etc. as it's the only way in this country.
It's veyr hard to find codes and even those that we've tried on their
website don't work.
Ted
--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:34:35 -0500, "Matt" <winkstwo@sssnet.com>
wrote:

>"Kevin Shipman" <kevin4lil@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>I got the new action replay with the FR/LG codes pre-programmed, my
>> question is...WHY IN THE HELL WON'T THEY WORK?????
>>
>> I marked the "encounter" box, and the Mew box, and I get the same old
>> pokes I caught weeks ago!! Either I'm doing something wrong, or my AR
>> is defective.
>>
>> Or it could be the "cheaters never prosper" gods laughing at me for
>> wasting $20.00!!!
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated!!
>>
>> Kevin.
>>

>I had the same trouble with Action Replay--usually you had to press start
>after what you want. You don't need the
>"encouter" on--because I'm assuming it's "No random encounters". Ok. Now,
>click "Mew", by
>press start (you might have to move a switch on "Action Replay" to do
>so)---and you will Mew will
>make appearances.
>
>Surfing off,
>Dr. Thinker

Does this work the same for new codes like encountering shiny wild
pokemon?
!