Hugo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Hi everyone !

How can we use ASR if the tape drive DRIVER is not on Windows server 2003 CD
???

I know I can specify a SCSI driver at boot (F6)... But when ASR tell me to
insert the tape... There is no tape drive installed because the drivers are
not available on the Win2003 CD...

How can I add my Exabyte VXA-2 tape drivers to the ASR process ???

Any idea ???

Hugo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

On your Windows 2003 Server, please click Start -> Help and Support

In the Search box type "ASR", and click "Search"

There should be a search result under "Help Topics" called "To recover from
a system failure using Automated System Recovery". This is number 14 on my
list of results.

Step 7 tells you what to do.

Cheers
Ken

"Hugo" <hugorobichrgREMOVE@CAPITALhotmail.com> wrote in message
: Hi everyone !
:
: How can we use ASR if the tape drive DRIVER is not on Windows server 2003
CD
: ???
:
: I know I can specify a SCSI driver at boot (F6)... But when ASR tell me to
: insert the tape... There is no tape drive installed because the drivers
are
: not available on the Win2003 CD...
:
: How can I add my Exabyte VXA-2 tape drivers to the ASR process ???
:
: Any idea ???
:
: Hugo
:
:

Hugo

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Hi Ken !

I have tried your solution.... But at step 7.. I didn't have the option to
press F6 at reboot...

After reboot, the server as to restart on HD, not on CD... So there is no
option to press F6 !

Any additionnal info !

Hugo

"Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> a écrit dans le message de
> On your Windows 2003 Server, please click Start -> Help and Support
>
> In the Search box type "ASR", and click "Search"
>
> There should be a search result under "Help Topics" called "To recover
from
> a system failure using Automated System Recovery". This is number 14 on my
> list of results.
>
> Step 7 tells you what to do.
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>

> "Hugo" <hugorobichrgREMOVE@CAPITALhotmail.com> wrote in message
> : Hi everyone !
> :
> : How can we use ASR if the tape drive DRIVER is not on Windows server
2003
> CD
> : ???
> :
> : I know I can specify a SCSI driver at boot (F6)... But when ASR tell me
> : insert the tape... There is no tape drive installed because the drivers
> are
> : not available on the Win2003 CD...
> :
> : How can I add my Exabyte VXA-2 tape drivers to the ASR process ???
> :
> : Any idea ???
> :
> : Hugo
> :
> :

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

When you reboot?

You do this when you first start up - when you start off the CD. You have to
press F6 and supply your driver disk. Windows 2003 should use that from now
on.

Cheers
Ken

"Hugo" <hugorobichrgREMOVE@CAPITALhotmail.com> wrote in message
: Hi Ken !
:
: I have tried your solution.... But at step 7.. I didn't have the option to
: press F6 at reboot...
:
: After reboot, the server as to restart on HD, not on CD... So there is no
: option to press F6 !
:
: Any additionnal info !
:
: Hugo
:
: "Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> a écrit dans le message de
: news:ezkmGK1JEHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
: > On your Windows 2003 Server, please click Start -> Help and Support
: >
: > In the Search box type "ASR", and click "Search"
: >
: > There should be a search result under "Help Topics" called "To recover
: from
: > a system failure using Automated System Recovery". This is number 14 on
my
: > list of results.
: >
: > Step 7 tells you what to do.
: >
: > Cheers
: > Ken
: >
: >
: > "Hugo" <hugorobichrgREMOVE@CAPITALhotmail.com> wrote in message
: > news:%23EKA50wJEHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
: > : Hi everyone !
: > :
: > : How can we use ASR if the tape drive DRIVER is not on Windows server
: 2003
: > CD
: > : ???
: > :
: > : I know I can specify a SCSI driver at boot (F6)... But when ASR tell
me
: > : insert the tape... There is no tape drive installed because the
drivers
: > are
: > : not available on the Win2003 CD...
: > :
: > : How can I add my Exabyte VXA-2 tape drivers to the ASR process ???
: > :
: > : Any idea ???
: > :
: > : Hugo
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Paul

Splendid

Hello Ken,
I'm having this same problem-I can load in other drivers for controllers but I can't
load in the driver for a HP 72i drive. I get the message "The file txtsetup.oem could not be found". There aren't any other opportunities to load the tape drive driver and I end up failing the ASR.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS