Sign in with
Your question

Hmm.. Running Oblivion and some static?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 11, 2007 1:17:40 AM

When I run games like Oblivion. It looks like it has static? Just in certain areas... Flickers white and black squares... Thanks for any help...

This also occurs in Half-Life 2 and various other games.

I've reinstalled the drivers a few times too so it's not that.
March 11, 2007 1:42:47 AM

Sounds like the memory may be overheating. Is this a factory overclocked card by chance? Or the card could just be defective.

Either way, the problem is definitely hardware.

And please post more details about your setup.
March 11, 2007 1:50:40 AM

Copyied from the place I got it

Motherboard: DFI NFII ULTRA INFINITY
CPU: ADM Athlon XP-M 2400+ ( Over clocked to 3200+ Speeds, runs perfect @ 2.31 GHz (pre Set up))
Heatsink: Thermaltake Venus 12 80mm Fan w/ adjustable speed (via dial on the front of case)
Memory: 1 GB (512x2) Geil Ultra PC3200 Dual Channel Kit ( running perfect at 233 FSB )
Hard Drive: 2x120 GB Hard Drives (One is a Maxtor, the other is a Samsung, both run at 7200 RPM )
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9500 Pro (Over clocked to run as ATI Radeon 9700 Pro), works great!

Thanks for the help so far. Want a screen shot?
Related resources
March 11, 2007 3:05:44 AM

Sounds like a VRAM problem. Try underclocking the VRAM 20-40 MHz (you'll need a third party tool like ATI Tray Tools to do this, I don't think CCC lets you underclock). If that fixes the problem, then the problem is indeed the VRAM, and you might want to consider cleaning the dust out of your computer or adding in some case fans.
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2007 3:31:34 AM

Hmm, if these flickering dark squares are single pixels, it sounds like the same snow ya get OC'in the core too high. I agree with ya, it sounds like a hardware issue, I just suspect it's the core. He could make sure the fan is spinning, clean the GPU fan, and even underclock the core a bit to see if it dissappears.
March 11, 2007 4:29:20 AM

Quote:
Copyied from the place I got it

Motherboard: DFI NFII ULTRA INFINITY
CPU: ADM Athlon XP-M 2400+ ( Over clocked to 3200+ Speeds, runs perfect @ 2.31 GHz (pre Set up))
Heatsink: Thermaltake Venus 12 80mm Fan w/ adjustable speed (via dial on the front of case)
Memory: 1 GB (512x2) Geil Ultra PC3200 Dual Channel Kit ( running perfect at 233 FSB )
Hard Drive: 2x120 GB Hard Drives (One is a Maxtor, the other is a Samsung, both run at 7200 RPM )
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9500 Pro (Over clocked to run as ATI Radeon 9700 Pro), works great!

Thanks for the help so far. Want a screen shot?

Where did u buy this thing? I hope you didn't pay too much for it. And like Pauldh said, the issues are likely from the video card being overclocked too high. Bring it down to stock 9500 speeds and see if that fixes things.
March 11, 2007 9:37:25 AM

Alright. Is there a guide or something to where I could do that?
!