Sign in with
Your question

VPN with Palm Treo 700W Problem, please help if you can

Last response: in Networking
December 14, 2006 2:57:37 AM

I connect to my exchange system using vpn through a Cisco Pix 501 (I know, old school), but am having problems syncing with my Palm Treo 700W. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Brad
December 19, 2006 3:09:15 PM

Which version of Exchange are you running? Is OWA configured? Typically, you should be able to sync to an exchange server through SSL, without using a VPN.
December 21, 2006 2:23:27 PM

Exchange 2003. Would you mind spelling out OWA for me? Have you done it with this particular device before?
December 26, 2006 6:01:05 PM

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. It sounds like you already have OWA (Outlook Web Access) configured. If you head over to Microsoft.com, and do a search for "activesync configuration", that'll probably point you in the right direction. Getting your SSL certificate loaded on your Treo is a must, though.

I haven't used that specific device to do this before, but I have done it with other Windows Mobile devices (I use a Starcom PPC6700 myself), and it works more or less flawlessly. The only time I use the VPN from my device is when I want to VNC into a server in order to restart it remotely.
!