Changing the user from Administrator to XYZ

joel

Hi,
I got this new Windows 2000 machine and I did the setup.

I did it without changing the default user "Administrator".
How do I change that to a new user "XYZ" having all the
access and previlieges as the "Administrator".

Help appreciated.

Open Computer Management (start>run>compgmmt.msc), browse to Local
Users/GRoups, right click the administrator account and goto rename.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"Joel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I got this new Windows 2000 machine and I did the setup.
>
> I did it without changing the default user "Administrator".
> How do I change that to a new user "XYZ" having all the
> access and previlieges as the "Administrator".
>
> Help appreciated.

joel

Thanks Brian.

Will do the setup as per your suggestion.

Latest posts