Overclocking CPU with crapy ram.

curtains

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
OK so i have a E6400 with some crapy no name brand(cant afford anything else for now) i want to overclock my E6400 i want to know if i can overclock it but not the Ram cause i dont want the ram to die as is wat happened wen i tryed to overclock my last crapy ram(luckly they replaced it)

like can i jst over clock the cpu then run ram at a ratio to the fsb?

KaizenSama

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
What frecuency can handle your ram?

Pull down the CPU:DRAM Ratio to 4:3 then start upping the FSB and stop when you reach your ram frecuency. Go step by step so you don't bust anything.

I also have cheapazaki RAM that dies if I go further than the manufacturers stated frecuency :cry: . Luckyly not for long for I'm about to receive my end-of-contract check :wink: .

Good to know i'm not the only one on the poor side :p .

Saludos

tomdrum

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Sounds about right. Depends HOW bad this stuff is. I have my set up at 400 and so is the RAM. I would say 1:1 shouldnt strain it too much?

KaizenSama

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
i have ddr2 800(pc 6400) ram so i can use a fsb of 400mhz and use a 1:1 ratio right without killing my ram?

So you have ddr2 800, I think you have enough room to use 1:1 ratio and still be on the safe side with your ram. Just keep things cool, don't jump to high frecuencies at once go little by little, also watch for your nb temps.

Good Luck