Unidentified operating system on drive drive

I wiped out hard drive with Partition Commander 8, and
then installed Win2k. I keep getting the above message at
boot up. I've tried re-doing everything but no success.
Any suggestions?
3 answers Last reply
More about unidentified operating system drive drive

    I usually go to the brand's website, and they usually provide you with
    a tool to wipe things off. So, for the Seagate HDs, you can goto
    http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/drivers/discwiz.html

    Just out of interest, have you ever tried Partition Commander 8 to
    repair a corruption in partition table for NTFS/NTFS5?

    Gus

    "Chazz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<4e8601c42c5a$c80758e0$a101280a@phx.gbl>...
    > I wiped out hard drive with Partition Commander 8, and
    > then installed Win2k. I keep getting the above message at
    > boot up. I've tried re-doing everything but no success.
    > Any suggestions?

    To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup
    disks. The set of four install disks can be created from your Windows 2000
    CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute
    makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the
    prompts.

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Chazz" wrote:
    |I wiped out hard drive with Partition Commander 8, and
    | then installed Win2k. I keep getting the above message at
    | boot up. I've tried re-doing everything but no success.
    | Any suggestions?

    Thanks for the help. I'm still working on ut.
    Just got PC8 so I haven't used it for anything yet.

    Chazz

Partition Microsoft Hard Drives Windows