Copying files to CD changes file date

keith

When I copy files to CD in XP all the files take on the date and time of the
copy process. Copying files to other drives retains the original date and
time as expected. Other CD writing software keep the original date stamp as
well. Is this a bug in XP or is there a setting that I am missing?

Thanks

Hi,

It's not a bug, per se, and you can't change that behavior. It's just a
limitation of the basic burning software included in XP.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone