New Asrock dual with AGP8x and PCI-E, future proof :)

PC_Side_Line

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=4CoreDual-VSTA

Supports FSB1066/800/533MHz processors and H-T Technology
Supports Dual Channel DDRII667 (DDRII x 2 DIMM slots) and DDR400 (DDR x 2 DIMM slots)
Untied Overclocking : During Overclocking, FSB enjoys better margin due to fixed AGP/PCIE/ PCI Buses
1 x PCI Express Graphics slot
1 x AGP 8X slot
Hybrid Booster - Safe Overclocking Technology
2 x SerialATA 1.5Gb/s connectors, support RAID 0, 1, JBOD functions
HDMI_SPDIF header, providing SPDIF audio output to HDMI VGA card, allows the system to connect HDMI Digital TV/projector/LCD devices.
7.1 CH Windows® Vista™ Premium Level HD Audio (ALC888 Audio Codec)
Supports all features in Windows® Vista™ Premium
HD 8CH I/O: 4 ready-to-use USB2.0 ports, HD 7.1 channel audio jacks

blade85

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
whats the pci-e rate though??

Nice board if you dont want to oc alot cause it only supports memory upto pc5300

edit: its 4x pci-e then its exactly the same as the one i got (775 dual vsta), whats different about it???

This basically means that the pci-e slot has the same rate as an agp 8X slot, so there is no point using very high end pci-e cards with it.

PC_Side_Line

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
HEY STEFx, if u have nothing better to say than FLAMING people, then SHUT your mouth.

On the othe hand, if u care to contribute your valuable knowledge about your computer experiences, then go for it.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
HEY STEFx, if u have nothing better to say than FLAMING people, then SHUT your mouth.

On the othe hand, if u care to contribute your valuable knowledge about your computer experiences, then go for it.

PC_Side_Line, you have on multiple occasions tried to convince people that 1024x768 is the resolution that everybody should use. You keep distributing that wrong advice .

On multiple occasions you posted stuff that didn't seem to have any sense or where not related to the discussion:
-The thread you started about Sadam Hussein and computers
-Your "Chicken versus Egg" post which I'm still wondering where you were going with that
-Your post where a person was asking for hardware advice, and you gave him a "Don't commit suicide... become active in your community". I have shown that one to some people, and the general agreement is that no one can explain the objective of that post.

It is an objective (based on facts) that your behavior is strange and unstable. How do you want to be taken seriously in these forums?

PC_Side_Line

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007

CaptKrunch

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
I actually owned a DUAL VSTA mobo for 939 that had agp and pci-e. Before I built my latest rig I threw in my geforce 8800 gts and benchmarked like 12500 on 3dmark05. Which isn't as good as the 12,800 I got on 3dmark06 with my latest rig, but it is highly gameable. However, I gotta say that I have a new appreciation of good motherboards. ASROCK is ok, and worth the price. I would suggest spending a bit more on a motherboard. I personally went with the 650 sli chipsets and an e6300 so I could overclock it. I probably would have went with a P965 board if I wouldn't have drank coffee. Anyway, I also had anASROCK K8 comboz board, it was good, did it's time and I have graduated from ASROCK.

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Future proof? That doesn't even make sense, the whole point of this board is that it's backwards-compatible. :roll:

Decent board though.