Lost network login access to new 2003 server box

Hello, we recently deployed a new 2003 standard edition box onto our Network. It's current roles are email server, and sql server. The bad news is that we have recently(not sure when), lost the ability to authenticate any user to that box. Browsing in Network places results in "Access Denied" message. And the same with NT authentication connections to SQL.

What can we check to resolve this. Local Security Policies seem to be ok, and we are logged in with Domain Admin rights. There must be an explicit 'deny' permission somewhere? Can we import a default security policy/template to try and resolve this?

Help needed urgently

OK, I just noticed that in the "Log on Locally" security setting that administrator is there, but we do not have the ability to modify this security setting. The two tabs 'Add user or group' and 'Remove' are greyed out. It would seem that the 'everyone' group should be in here for typical network users to view the resources over the network, ie SQL and so on. Is there a higher level 'domain security policy' that is overiding this local policy? This server is only a member server at this point.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

TRENDING THREADS