windows 2003 - is it worth it?

Hi,

Is Windows 2003 worth migrating to?
Is it very buggy?

Are there really any major issues which have cropped up so far in
mid-scale deployments?

We are about to upgrade all our hardware, which is 10 servers and 250
desktops, currently all on Windows 2000.

We are debating whether or not to rollout 2003 for our NOS and Exchange
- the fear is it isn't mature enough and could be full of bugs etc...

Any feedback seriously welcome...

Thanks in advance,

David Henderson.

Well, if you regard it as Windows NT 5.2, it's actually a very mature
product.

It really isn't like the days when you had to wait for the third service
pack to get stability. I've yet to hear anyone say it's buggy and that's
certainly not my experience. I've never had it crash on me and I think it's
a lovely OS.

There have been some security patches released, but less for this platform
than the previous. If you're really cautious, wait for SP1, otherwise I'd
say get it in a lab, test it with your software and give it a try.

Oli