X2 3800 Giving me trouble

CaPtAiN_InSaNo

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2004
This is very strange, i've had this CPU for about a year now, it used to run stable at 2.5 1:1 prime 95 but it always failed the memtest build into my mobo(DFI LanPart UTNF4 SLI-DR). but it would fail that even if i OC'ed only 1mhz, so i figured it wasn't reliable and just used tests while running windows. Now i installed XP-64bit on same drive, but its partitioned. I noticed i randomly started getting BSODS out of no where! It happenes on both os's. I tryed moving memory to other two slots no change. Now its like it BSOD's using p95 even if i OC the CPU only to 2.4 and run divider so ram is stock 200 fsb. Any ideas? Could the two copies of XP be causing this issue?

pat

Expert
This is very strange, i've had this CPU for about a year now, it used to run stable at 2.5 1:1 prime 95 but it always failed the memtest build into my mobo(DFI LanPart UTNF4 SLI-DR). but it would fail that even if i OC'ed only 1mhz, so i figured it wasn't reliable and just used tests while running windows. Now i installed XP-64bit on same drive, but its partitioned. I noticed i randomly started getting BSODS out of no where! It happenes on both os's. I tryed moving memory to other two slots no change. Now its like it BSOD's using p95 even if i OC the CPU only to 2.4 and run divider so ram is stock 200 fsb. Any ideas? Could the two copies of XP be causing this issue?

test your ram with memtest86... hint: google

CaPtAiN_InSaNo

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2004
I did, it passes stock ram, but i oc just a tiney bit and it ALWAYS fails, doesn't make any sense! My mobo has Memetest86 v1.65 built into BIOS, so i just set it to run, that's what i've been using.

veranor

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
What is the voltage of the memory?
What is the HTT multiplier set at?
What is the Memory Divider set at?

Some other questions:

Are your timings stock?