LG: How to Get to Islands 8 & 9??

Whew. I've been all over creation in my LG game, and still cannot figure out
how to get to the 8th and 9th islands. I have all 8 badges, have defeated the
Elite 4, have the National Pokedex, etc., etc., but cannot figure out this
part. What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

All help appreciated!! Thanks in advance :)

Calypso985 wrote:
> Whew. I've been all over creation in my LG game, and still cannot figure out
> how to get to the 8th and 9th islands. I have all 8 badges, have defeated the
> Elite 4, have the National Pokedex, etc., etc., but cannot figure out this
> part. What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?
>
> All help appreciated!! Thanks in advance :)

They are unlocked with special Nintendo promotions (or gamesharks), but
you can't normally get there.

>They are unlocked with special Nintendo promotions (or gamesharks), but
>you can't normally get there.

How do you find out about these promotions? Is a "gameshark" different from
the promotion?

I read a walk-thru on the internet that has been very accurate so far, but they
don't explain this either. They apparently used something called "VBA" codes
to access these locations. What the heck are those?? I get the feeling that
they don't have anything to do with GameBoy Advance2 units . . . .

There are supposedly two or three types of rare pokemon on these islands. Sure
would be nice to add them to the ol' pokedex.

Calypso985 wrote:
>>They are unlocked with special Nintendo promotions (or gamesharks), but
>>you can't normally get there.
>

> How do you find out about these promotions? Is a "gameshark" different from
> the promotion?

I'm not sure how Nintendo announces them, but sometimes they'll have
events at certain places, like Toys'R'Us, or the Pokemon Center in NYC.
There they will upload the "Aurora Ticket" to your cart, which allows
access to the islands. (Like the Rainbow Ticket in the game, etc.) Maybe
just keeping track of Nintendo's website, or some fan site, will let you
know when they are doing these things.

A Gameshark is a device you can use to input cheat codes (which are the
codes you saw in the FAQ), and these codes also allow you to access the
islands, or add rare pokemon to your 'dex, like Mew (I believe). I've
heard that a Gameshark could possible hurt your save game data, but a
lot of people use them, so I guess it's safe.