Problem With Display..

I have a Dell Laptop the needed a new hard drive. After installing and
adding back windows xp and all the software, now when i double click on a
program (mcafee for Instance) the screen just flashes and it never comes up..
even when I ctr-alt-del to see the programs running it just flashes the small
box... Internet explorer works however...

RedCedar wrote:

>I have a Dell Laptop the needed a new hard drive. After installing and
>adding back windows xp and all the software, now when i double click on a
>program (mcafee for Instance) the screen just flashes and it never comes up..
>even when I ctr-alt-del to see the programs running it just flashes the small
>box... Internet explorer works however...

Is it possible that the program is being displayed off screen? Do you
have your LCD perhaps configured to be smaller than it was originally?

To move a program window into the viewable area from off screen you can
right click on the program in your task bar, click on "move" and then
use the cursor keys to move it. Hopefully you can do this to move the
program window back onto the viewable area.

To check the display size you have configured right click anywhere on an
open area of the desktop. Then select "Properties" and the "Settings"
tab. You should see a slider to adjust the screen resolution. Your
screen was probably originally set to 1024x768 or 1280x1024 depending on
the screen shipped with your laptop.

Good luck...

Bill