tomsresults

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Guys

I have an old Precision 470 which stopped working (think it's a bad PS or bad CPU neither of which I'd sell). What else can I sell in parts on eBay that you think will provide some cash? I may get $30 bucks for my 4GB of memory. Any other parts?

Thanks - hopefully this will help me pay off some of the money spent on the new PC

JordoR

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
You could sell any of the following for a bit of money:

- Harddrive... make sure you format/wipe it completely of any data.
- Peripherals (keyboard/mouse/speakers/etc.)
- Graphics Card (You didn't post full specs, but if it has onboard graphics this won't apply)
- Monitors (unless you need them for next build)

Anyway, without posting the full specs of your Precision 470 (since they vary based on customization) these are my suggestions.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Probably should clean the system fairly well, this is called something actually.

Find what parts that are still working. List as such.

To sell such a computer had ever really played any video is hard saying of course. But for ideas of video player to say might be useful.

Otherwise just the fact of it being said as something old will takes its place more then anything.

Donating might work well to too say. Umm of it might find a better computer along with the idea that you might be using. Rather to get much service out of it of course is probably "none" or "little" to say.

Otherwise might actually keep the hard drive if you can use it as a backup. Cause of new computer is probably going to just have a bigger hard drive.

But, still, getting a newer computer is probably still the thing to do, Right?