WinMgmt warning

I'm installing a Win2000 server SP4 and find a warning in the Application
event log - related to WinMgmt. The ID is 41. The text says: WMI ADAP was
unable to create object index of 2022 for Performance Library MSDTC because
no value was found in the 009 subkey. Initially there were also similar
warnings for NTDS and FileReplicaConn, but I managed to fix these by
applying the workaround outlined in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 266416.
The warning related to MSDTC didn't go away, however. All patches after SP4
have been applied.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem? If not - will it have any effects
on the system to just ignore the message ?

-Olaf-

This should be what your looking for.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;266416

--
Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Enterprise Platform Support

"Olaf Berli" <oberli@eunet.no> wrote in message news:40973171@OLAF-PC...
> I'm installing a Win2000 server SP4 and find a warning in the
Application
> event log - related to WinMgmt. The ID is 41. The text says: WMI ADAP was
> unable to create object index of 2022 for Performance Library MSDTC
because
> no value was found in the 009 subkey. Initially there were also similar
> warnings for NTDS and FileReplicaConn, but I managed to fix these by
> applying the workaround outlined in Microsoft Knowledge Base article
266416.
> The warning related to MSDTC didn't go away, however. All patches after
SP4
> have been applied.
>
> Any suggestions how to fix this problem? If not - will it have any
effects
> on the system to just ignore the message ?
>
> -Olaf-

Thanks for the response. As I mentioned in my initial post, I've already
tried the steps in this article without success. It seems - from the event
description - that there may be something missing in one of the ?????009
files. Have no idea, however, how to fix this.

The mentioned article also describes Event ERROR 41, while I'm getting an
Event WARNING.

Any ideas if this warning could just be ignored.....?

-Olaf-

===== Originalmelding fra "Elijah Landreth [MSFT]"
<a-elijal@online.microsoft.com> på 10.05.04 23:55