georges

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

Hi

I'm upgrading the NT server to Win 2000 server but When
Instaling the win 2000 server It ask me for the DNS
server Name how can I define it

And how can I choose the IP for the DNS, which way I can
proceed? I think the Active directory will not work if I
do not specify the DNS?/???

Thanks

Specify the DNS server on your network. If the DNS server is the machine you
are installing AD on, then specify that machine. You will need to setup a
DNS server if you do not have one.

KB articles for reference:
upgrading NT4 to 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298107

Windows 2000 walk throughs including setting up Acitve Directory
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/walkthroughs/default.asp
--
Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Enterprise Platform Support