Modem Initialization String for Fax over CSD/GSM

I have a Samsung SGH-P107 connected to my laptop with a data cable. I also
have Cingular's Wireless Internet for $3.99. I can connect to my dial-up
ISP with no problems since Wireless Internet was added.

I'm trying to do fax over GSM, with several different software packages:
Microsoft Fax, Fax machine, 32bit Fax, etc. The software dials, then it
will connect to a fax machine, but then it will not send the fax, and the
fax software times out.

What do my settings need to be on my fax software as well as my phone to get
fax to work?

My phone has these options:

Security: 1. Secure 2. Non-secure
IP Address:
Bearer: 1. GPRS 2. Data
Log-in Name:
Password:
Dial-up Number:
Data Call type: 1. Analog 2. ISDN
or APN(depending on if GPRS or Data is chosen in Bearer):

Fax software settings to choose from:

Modem init string:
Class 1 or Class 2:
Flow Control: Rts/Cts or Xon/Xoff

Any help is greatly appreciated, and please post to the group as I do not
have e-mail set up.

Thanks,
James
2 answers Last reply
More about modem initialization string

    See http://navasgrp.home.att.net/tech/cingular/fax.htm

    In <acCyd.7008$lm.3661@bignews1.bellsouth.net> on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:20:52
    -0500, "ja" <__jame_sayton@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    >I have a Samsung SGH-P107 connected to my laptop with a data cable. I also
    >have Cingular's Wireless Internet for $3.99. I can connect to my dial-up
    >ISP with no problems since Wireless Internet was added.
    >
    >I'm trying to do fax over GSM, with several different software packages:
    >Microsoft Fax, Fax machine, 32bit Fax, etc. The software dials, then it
    >will connect to a fax machine, but then it will not send the fax, and the
    >fax software times out.
    >
    >What do my settings need to be on my fax software as well as my phone to get
    >fax to work?
    >
    >My phone has these options:
    >
    >Security: 1. Secure 2. Non-secure
    >IP Address:
    >Bearer: 1. GPRS 2. Data
    >Log-in Name:
    >Password:
    >Dial-up Number:
    >Data Call type: 1. Analog 2. ISDN
    > or APN(depending on if GPRS or Data is chosen in Bearer):
    >

    >Fax software settings to choose from:
    >
    >Modem init string:
    >Class 1 or Class 2:
    >Flow Control: Rts/Cts or Xon/Xoff
    >
    >Any help is greatly appreciated, and please post to the group as I do not
    >have e-mail set up.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >James

    Thank-you for the link John.

    I actually found that page in advance and it's information got me where I am
    now. The RingCentral Software has errors and will not run, while the
    program "Fax Machine" gets me all the way to the point where my fax machine
    says it is connected and receiving, then the software times out.

    > See http://navasgrp.home.att.net/tech/cingular/fax.htm
    >

    > In <acCyd.7008$lm.3661@bignews1.bellsouth.net> on Thu, 23 Dec 2004
    11:20:52
    > -0500, "ja" <__jame_sayton@bellsouth.net> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a Samsung SGH-P107 connected to my laptop with a data cable. I
    also
    > >have Cingular's Wireless Internet for $3.99. I can connect to my dial-up
    > >ISP with no problems since Wireless Internet was added.
    > >
    > >I'm trying to do fax over GSM, with several different software packages:
    > >Microsoft Fax, Fax machine, 32bit Fax, etc. The software dials, then it
    > >will connect to a fax machine, but then it will not send the fax, and the
    > >fax software times out.
    > >
    > >What do my settings need to be on my fax software as well as my phone to
    get
    > >fax to work?
    > >
    > >My phone has these options:
    > >
    > >Security: 1. Secure 2. Non-secure
    > >IP Address:
    > >Bearer: 1. GPRS 2. Data
    > >Log-in Name:
    > >Password:
    > >Dial-up Number:
    > >Data Call type: 1. Analog 2. ISDN
    > > or APN(depending on if GPRS or Data is chosen in Bearer):
    > >

    > >Fax software settings to choose from:
    > >
    > >Modem init string:
    > >Class 1 or Class 2:
    > >Flow Control: Rts/Cts or Xon/Xoff
    > >
    > >Any help is greatly appreciated, and please post to the group as I do not
    > >have e-mail set up.
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >James

    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

Cingular Fax Internet Service Providers Software