Event ID: 7023
Date: 12/05/2004
Time: 15:50:19
User: N/A
Computer: BSNT05
The Boot Information Negotiation Layer service terminated
with the following error:
The specified user does not exist.

RIS Clients cannot recieve a dhcp address and come with
the error message:

PXE-E53: No boot filename recieved.

Any help
2 answers Last reply
More about binl

    From kb 281929...

    This issue is a timing issue, and it can occur if you configured RIS
    and the DHCP Server service on the same domain controller.

    The error message can occur if the server is configured as a WINS
    client or if a WINS server is not defined for the server. This
    behavior has not been reported when the server is configured as its
    own WINS server.

    To work around this issue, configure the BINL service to be dependent
    on DHCP Server. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    2. Locate and click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrrentControlSet\Services\BINLSVC\DependOnService
    3. On the Edit menu, click Add, and then enter the following value:
    DHCPServer

    Reference
    HOW TO: Enable Debug Mode for Remote Install Servers
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=236033

    Event ID 7023 Occurs When the BINL Service Does Not Start
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=281929

    regards
    Johan Arwidmark

    Windows User Group - Nordic
    http://www.wug-nordic.net

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 07:59:49 -0700, "PHIL H"

    >I get this in the event log at server startup or trying to
    >start the BINL service. It started happening after a
    >reboot following installation of a printer.
    >
    >Event Type: Error
    >Event Source: Service Control Manager
    >Event Category: None
    >Event ID: 7023
    >Date: 12/05/2004
    >Time: 15:50:19
    >User: N/A
    >Computer: BSNT05
    >The Boot Information Negotiation Layer service terminated
    >with the following error:
    >The specified user does not exist.
    >
    >RIS Clients cannot recieve a dhcp address and come with
    >the error message:
    >
    >PXE-E53: No boot filename recieved.
    >
    >Any help

    tried all that but still no joy. even moved the DHCP to
    another server but still won't work...anything else??

Windows