8800gts 3d mark 06 qestion

I was wondering what everyone was getting with the 8800gts 640mb in 3d mark 06. I seem to be getting lower scores then the rest. I am in the:

high 2k's for sm2.0
high 3k's for sm3.0
and 1.5k for my cpu.

My total is 7002, or around there. When I am looking at other scores it seems that peole are getting consistently higher scores then me, especially in sm2.0.
I have a feeling that it is my cpu but I was just wondering. When I play games, dark messiah, hl2, bf2142, I play with max aa and af and have no problems at all. I am getting 80 plus in cs source stress test and 100% above 40 in fear with a max of 210. I think that at the low resolution in 3dmark06 with no aa or af my cpu is creating a bottleneck. What does everyone think? For now everything runs great but In the next few months or so I will probably go with a c2d.

thanks
marc
8 answers Last reply
More about 8800gts mark qestion
  1. Your score looks normal to me, and if anything is holding you back, it is deffinately your CPU.
  2. thanks... that what I was thinking too. I oc'd the card to 930/2000 and there really wasn't that much of a difference is scores so I definatly think that it is the cpu. I'm in the process of overclocking the cpy but my mobo isn;t the greatest. It has preset fsb numbers and the one above my current setting,200, puts me at 4.2 ghz, with a 266 fsb, and the cpu won't work at that setting. I;ve tried to increase the voltage up to it's max recommended to no avail. When I restart and look at the bios it is back to original even after saving the settings to cmos. I think that in a few months it will be core 2 for me.

Marc
  3. Holy Crap!!! I will get that much of an increase in score. Are you serious? What does everyone else think?

Marc
  4. So are you confident that if I upgraded to a c2c then i would prolly almost double my scores or at least see a significant improvement over my pd 940?

thanks again,
    Marc
  5. Quote:
    I think that in a few months it will be core 2 for me.

Can I have your old cpu?

Yes, yes i know it is not fast. However, it is MUCH faster than my dell's 2.4 ghz P4.....He he... they run around 180 on the 'egg...I can give you $80...maybe a bit more... I'm mostly kidding, but it would give me a good reason to build a new pc for my parents! (the dell is kind of theirs..)

I'm sure your current rig can eat my graphics anyday for a mid-breakfast snack...
    (the 7600gt.... waiting for more dx10 cards..)
  6. Yeah, with my 3800 X2 AMD i got around 6700 in 3DMark06. After I OC'd to 2.5 GHz I got 7300...and CPU is still holding me back.
    No point in OC'ing GTS till I get better CPU...
    I'll switch to Conroe in a while also....
  7. Here are my 06 results w/o spyware and symantic running in the backround:

Main Test Results
    3DMark Score 7122 3DMarks
    SM 2.0 Score 3002 Marks
    SM 3.0 Score 3655 Marks
    CPU Score 1569 Marks
  8. rapidbunny you have pm lol :D

Marc
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia CPUs 3D Graphics