Backup and Restore printers

Hi,

I have a print server that only serves printers. I don't want to have to
keep backups of the C drive over and over again because I can rebuild it
in about 40 minutes from a bootable CD.

However, I'd like to be able to restore the printer definitions (ports,
monitors, settings, shares etc) in the event that I had to rebuild the
server.

Is there any way to do this?

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)
2 answers Last reply

    Hi Gerry

    You need to take a look at the PrintMig utility, which you can download from
    the Microsoft site. It's a great little tool.

    Hope this helps

    Oli

    Oli Restorick [MVP] wrote:

    > You need to take a look at the PrintMig utility, which you can download from
    > the Microsoft site. It's a great little tool.

    Thanks Oli,

    Yes, I found this today (in the end). It wasn't easy. I'd read in an
    earlier PrintMig white paper that it "backed up the whole server". I
    took this to mean everything - not just the printers!

    I now read the more recent 3.1 docs and it looks like exactly what I've
    been looking for.

    --
    Gerry Hickman (London UK)

Rebuild Printers Servers Windows