Replicating RIS Images

We are currently running a RIS server at my location and want to bring up another RIS server on our WAN in a different location. I found an article saying I could replicate my images but was told it is not the preferred method. The preferred method is to recreate the images from scratch on the new server. Has anyone copied images over from another server??? Was it successful????

"Has anyone copied images over from another server??? Was it
successful????"

Yes, many times, and always successful provided you set up and test the RIS
Server to be sure it's 100% solid before copying the directories over.

We've copied from other live servers, moved RAID array's, and restored from
backup tape to a different RIS server.

All worked fine.

Diane

Diane McCorkle