Catching 'em all: what do you need?

Last response: in Video Games
December 4, 2004 6:46:26 PM

Okay, let's suppose you set out to catch every pokemon in the land.
Obviously, you're going to need at least one of FR/LG and at least one
of R/S. Probably both, or at least to be able to trade with someone
who has the other. I assume you need Colosseum as well for the G/S
pokemon, yes? If you have all five of those, can you get a complete
collection? If not, what's missing (presumably available through a
special promotion and/or Sharkery)?

More about : catching

Anonymous
December 5, 2004 7:29:23 AM

"Fred M. Sloniker" wrote:

> Okay, let's suppose you set out to catch every pokemon in the land.
> Obviously, you're going to need at least one of FR/LG and at least one
> of R/S. Probably both, or at least to be able to trade with someone
> who has the other. I assume you need Colosseum as well for the G/S
> pokemon, yes? If you have all five of those, can you get a complete
> collection? If not, what's missing (presumably available through a
> special promotion and/or Sharkery)?

Mew, Celebi, Deoxys
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 4:07:50 PM

Disruptor wrote:

> "Fred M. Sloniker" wrote:
>

>>Okay, let's suppose you set out to catch every pokemon in the land.
>>Obviously, you're going to need at least one of FR/LG and at least one
>>of R/S. Probably both, or at least to be able to trade with someone
>>who has the other. I assume you need Colosseum as well for the G/S
>>pokemon, yes? If you have all five of those, can you get a complete
>>collection? If not, what's missing (presumably available through a
>>special promotion and/or Sharkery)?
>

> Mew, Celebi, Deoxys

Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza, or
am I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on version)?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to
do it anyway."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
December 6, 2004 12:26:30 AM

"Chet Weaver - Wishing You a Very Happy Non-Demoninational Winter Season"
<zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Disruptor wrote:
>

>> "Fred M. Sloniker" wrote:
>>

>>>Okay, let's suppose you set out to catch every pokemon in the land.
>>>Obviously, you're going to need at least one of FR/LG and at least one
>>>of R/S. Probably both, or at least to be able to trade with someone
>>>who has the other. I assume you need Colosseum as well for the G/S
>>>pokemon, yes? If you have all five of those, can you get a complete
>>>collection? If not, what's missing (presumably available through a
>>>special promotion and/or Sharkery)?
>>

>> Mew, Celebi, Deoxys
>>
> Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza, or am
> I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on version)?

Jirachi also, yes, unless you have access to a Colosseum pre-order disk.
But also Lugia. Ho-oh is in Colosseum, but Lugia is no where to be found.

The Big L's are each huntable in their respective versions (Ruby/Sapphire)
but the ticket makes them appear on the island...much easier than trying
to track them.
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 12:26:31 AM

Jim Haidle wrote:

> "Chet Weaver - Wishing You a Very Happy Non-Demoninational Winter Season"
> <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in message
>
>>Disruptor wrote:
>>
>>>Mew, Celebi, Deoxys
>>>

>>Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza, or am
>>I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on version)?
>>

> Jirachi also, yes, unless you have access to a Colosseum pre-order disk.
> But also Lugia. Ho-oh is in Colosseum, but Lugia is no where to be found.
>
> The Big L's are each huntable in their respective versions (Ruby/Sapphire)
> but the ticket makes them appear on the island...much easier than trying
> to track them.

And Rayquaza...?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to
do it anyway."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
December 6, 2004 6:48:01 AM

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Chet Weaver wrote:
> And Rayquaza...?

...is up on the top level of the Sky Pillar (which is down on the 13x
route east of Pacifidlog - just hang tight to the northern edge of the route
and you'll find it). He's the Mew for R/S(/E?) and can be obtained in all
of 'em after you beat the Elite 4. Pity he's just yet another
Flying/Dragon. Those're getting boring. :p

December 6, 2004 1:58:06 PM

"Jim Haidle" <joshua024015@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Mew, Celebi, Deoxys
>>>
>> Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza, or
>> am I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on version)?
>>
> Jirachi also, yes, unless you have access to a Colosseum pre-order disk.
> But also Lugia. Ho-oh is in Colosseum, but Lugia is no where to be found.
>
> The Big L's are each huntable in their respective versions (Ruby/Sapphire)
> but the ticket makes them appear on the island...much easier than trying
> to track them.

The Eon Ticket makes the other one appear on the island. If your game has
Latias, then when you go to the island, it has Latios. You also need to have
beaten the elite four.

You can only get Jirachi from the preorder disk with Ruby/Sapphire, not
FLRG.

And yes, I do have Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Grean, Colosseum,
Pre-Order disk, and an e-card reader w/Eon ticket. Even got a copy of
Pokemon Box, and have the False Swipe Altaria, Extreme Speed Zigzagoon, Pay
Day Skitty, and I'm working on the Surfing Pichu.
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 10:10:45 PM

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in

> "Jim Haidle" <joshua024015@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza,
or
>>> am I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on
version)?

>> Jirachi also, yes, unless you have access to a Colosseum pre-order
disk.
>> But also Lugia. Ho-oh is in Colosseum, but Lugia is no where to be
found.

>> The Big L's are each huntable in their respective versions
(Ruby/Sapphire)
>> but the ticket makes them appear on the island...much easier than
trying
>> to track them.
>
> The Eon Ticket makes the other one appear on the island. If your game
has
> Latias, then when you go to the island, it has Latios. You also need to
have
> beaten the elite four.
>
> You can only get Jirachi from the preorder disk with Ruby/Sapphire, not
> FLRG.
>
> And yes, I do have Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Grean, Colosseum,
> Pre-Order disk, and an e-card reader w/Eon ticket. Even got a copy of
> Pokemon Box, and have the False Swipe Altaria, Extreme Speed Zigzagoon,
Pay
> Day Skitty, and I'm working on the Surfing Pichu.

Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
apart from by cheating.
As an aside to this I now have access to a gamecube and colosseum, my
girlfriend weakened and decided that she would get one. The only problem
was actually finding a pokemon bundle, it appears as though they are
being taken off the shelves in favour of the donkey konga bundle.
Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually get
an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
time on my hands.)
Ted

--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.

weirdwolf wrote:
> Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
> payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
> male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually get
> an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
> time on my hands.)
> Ted

I'm fairly certain that you cannot bred Surf onto Pichu.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to
do it anyway."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
December 7, 2004 2:07:29 PM

"weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in

> Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
> apart from by cheating.
I almost missed out on the Eon ticket. I read in this newsgroup here, that
it was in an issue of Nintendo Power, but I was a couple weeks late
noticing. All of the stores except one had already taken down that issue of
NP. Thank goodness for stores too lazy to do magazine returns. :)

> As an aside to this I now have access to a gamecube and colosseum, my
> girlfriend weakened and decided that she would get one. The only problem
> was actually finding a pokemon bundle, it appears as though they are
> being taken off the shelves in favour of the donkey konga bundle.
> Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
> payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
> male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually get
> an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
> time on my hands.)

50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for the
surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online store.
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 1:46:43 AM

> "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in
>
>> Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
>> apart from by cheating.
> I almost missed out on the Eon ticket. I read in this newsgroup here,
that
> it was in an issue of Nintendo Power, but I was a couple weeks late
> noticing. All of the stores except one had already taken down that
issue of
> NP. Thank goodness for stores too lazy to do magazine returns. :)
Do you have an ecard reader thingy then? I must admit I've never seen
them on sale in the UK shops.

>> As an aside to this I now have access to a gamecube and colosseum, my
>> girlfriend weakened and decided that she would get one. The only
problem
>> was actually finding a pokemon bundle, it appears as though they are
>> being taken off the shelves in favour of the donkey konga bundle.
>> Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
>> payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
>> male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually
get
>> an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
>> time on my hands.)
>
> 50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for
the
> surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online
store.
Did you get the bonus Jirachi disc with it? I think the thing that
really gets me annoyed is that all the fans in the UK how have spent all
their hard earned cash only to be completely ignored by Nintendo. We want
to catch them all, we buy the stuff, I've been playing since yellow came
out and have got several games over various platforms,(erm some of us
even have other pokemon merchandise) we don't mind making pokemon
difficult to catch but impossible to get is just infuriating.
Ted

--
Evil is such a negative term........
I prefer differently moraled.
\ /
0 0
°
~
December 9, 2004 2:02:28 AM

weirdwolf wrote:

> Did you get the bonus Jirachi disc with it? I think the thing that
> really gets me annoyed is that all the fans in the UK how have spent all
> their hard earned cash only to be completely ignored by Nintendo. We want
> to catch them all, we buy the stuff, I've been playing since yellow came
> out and have got several games over various platforms,(erm some of us
> even have other pokemon merchandise) we don't mind making pokemon
> difficult to catch but impossible to get is just infuriating.

Jirachi is obtainable in the European version of Pokemon Channel.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 1:50:00 PM

"Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:

> "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in
>
> > Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
> > apart from by cheating.
> I almost missed out on the Eon ticket. I read in this newsgroup here, that
> it was in an issue of Nintendo Power, but I was a couple weeks late
> noticing. All of the stores except one had already taken down that issue of
> NP. Thank goodness for stores too lazy to do magazine returns. :)
>
> > As an aside to this I now have access to a gamecube and colosseum, my
> > girlfriend weakened and decided that she would get one. The only problem
> > was actually finding a pokemon bundle, it appears as though they are
> > being taken off the shelves in favour of the donkey konga bundle.
> > Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
> > payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
> > male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually get
> > an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
> > time on my hands.)
>
> 50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for the
> surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online store.

How did they get them to you?

--
Richard The Blind Typer
Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in
>
>> "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in
>>
>>> Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
>>> apart from by cheating.
>> I almost missed out on the Eon ticket. I read in this newsgroup here,
> that
>> it was in an issue of Nintendo Power, but I was a couple weeks late
>> noticing. All of the stores except one had already taken down that
> issue of
>> NP. Thank goodness for stores too lazy to do magazine returns. :)
> Do you have an ecard reader thingy then? I must admit I've never seen
> them on sale in the UK shops.

Yeah, I have an e-card reader. About six months ago they had a package deal
with a GBA and an e-card reader for US$69.99 (or $79.99, I forget).

In the US we got Jirachi with the Colosseum pre-order disk. Well, I did
anyway.
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 1:56:44 AM

"richard e white" <chiphead@cox.net> wrote in message
> "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
>>
>> 50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for
>> the
>> surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online
>> store.
>
> How did they get them to you?

You get an egg in one of the boxes, and you have to hatch it out. Hence the
1499 for the pichu, 1500 fills up all the spaces in all the boxes. And they
all have to be the same trainer.
Anonymous
December 19, 2004 7:58:09 PM

"Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:

> "richard e white" <chiphead@cox.net> wrote in message
> > "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
> >>
> >> 50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for
> >> the
> >> surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online
> >> store.
> >
> > How did they get them to you?
>
> You get an egg in one of the boxes, and you have to hatch it out. Hence the
> 1499 for the pichu, 1500 fills up all the spaces in all the boxes. And they
> all have to be the same trainer.

I don't understand. did you send in your cartrage after filling it up or what?

--
Richard The Blind Typer
Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 3:31:13 AM

richard e white wrote:
> "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
>>You get an egg in one of the boxes, and you have to hatch it out. Hence the
>>1499 for the pichu, 1500 fills up all the spaces in all the boxes. And they
>>all have to be the same trainer.
>
> I don't understand. did you send in your cartrage after filling it up or what?

Almost but not quite fill it. You cartridge can have 1500, but it needs
1 blank space for the pichu, so get 1499 ( = 1500 - 1 ).
!