Catching 'em all: what do you need?

Okay, let's suppose you set out to catch every pokemon in the land.
Obviously, you're going to need at least one of FR/LG and at least one
of R/S. Probably both, or at least to be able to trade with someone
who has the other. I assume you need Colosseum as well for the G/S
pokemon, yes? If you have all five of those, can you get a complete
collection? If not, what's missing (presumably available through a
special promotion and/or Sharkery)?
16 answers Last reply
More about catching need

    "Fred M. Sloniker" wrote:

    > Okay, let's suppose you set out to catch every pokemon in the land.
    > Obviously, you're going to need at least one of FR/LG and at least one
    > of R/S. Probably both, or at least to be able to trade with someone
    > who has the other. I assume you need Colosseum as well for the G/S
    > pokemon, yes? If you have all five of those, can you get a complete
    > collection? If not, what's missing (presumably available through a
    > special promotion and/or Sharkery)?

    Mew, Celebi, Deoxys

    Disruptor wrote:

    > "Fred M. Sloniker" wrote:
    >

    >>Okay, let's suppose you set out to catch every pokemon in the land.
    >>Obviously, you're going to need at least one of FR/LG and at least one
    >>of R/S. Probably both, or at least to be able to trade with someone
    >>who has the other. I assume you need Colosseum as well for the G/S
    >>pokemon, yes? If you have all five of those, can you get a complete
    >>collection? If not, what's missing (presumably available through a
    >>special promotion and/or Sharkery)?
    >

    > Mew, Celebi, Deoxys

    Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza, or
    am I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on version)?

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to
    do it anyway."

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    "Chet Weaver - Wishing You a Very Happy Non-Demoninational Winter Season"
    <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Disruptor wrote:
    >

    >> "Fred M. Sloniker" wrote:
    >>

    >>>Okay, let's suppose you set out to catch every pokemon in the land.
    >>>Obviously, you're going to need at least one of FR/LG and at least one
    >>>of R/S. Probably both, or at least to be able to trade with someone
    >>>who has the other. I assume you need Colosseum as well for the G/S
    >>>pokemon, yes? If you have all five of those, can you get a complete
    >>>collection? If not, what's missing (presumably available through a
    >>>special promotion and/or Sharkery)?
    >>

    >> Mew, Celebi, Deoxys
    >>
    > Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza, or am
    > I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on version)?

    Jirachi also, yes, unless you have access to a Colosseum pre-order disk.
    But also Lugia. Ho-oh is in Colosseum, but Lugia is no where to be found.

    The Big L's are each huntable in their respective versions (Ruby/Sapphire)
    but the ticket makes them appear on the island...much easier than trying
    to track them.

    Jim Haidle wrote:

    > "Chet Weaver - Wishing You a Very Happy Non-Demoninational Winter Season"
    > <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Disruptor wrote:
    >>
    >>>Mew, Celebi, Deoxys
    >>>

    >>Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza, or am
    >>I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on version)?
    >>

    > Jirachi also, yes, unless you have access to a Colosseum pre-order disk.
    > But also Lugia. Ho-oh is in Colosseum, but Lugia is no where to be found.
    >
    > The Big L's are each huntable in their respective versions (Ruby/Sapphire)
    > but the ticket makes them appear on the island...much easier than trying
    > to track them.

    And Rayquaza...?

    --

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Chet Weaver wrote:
    > And Rayquaza...?

    ...is up on the top level of the Sky Pillar (which is down on the 13x
    route east of Pacifidlog - just hang tight to the northern edge of the route
    and you'll find it). He's the Mew for R/S(/E?) and can be obtained in all
    of 'em after you beat the Elite 4. Pity he's just yet another
    Flying/Dragon. Those're getting boring. :P

    "Jim Haidle" <joshua024015@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> Mew, Celebi, Deoxys
    >>>
    >> Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza, or
    >> am I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on version)?
    >>
    > Jirachi also, yes, unless you have access to a Colosseum pre-order disk.
    > But also Lugia. Ho-oh is in Colosseum, but Lugia is no where to be found.
    >
    > The Big L's are each huntable in their respective versions (Ruby/Sapphire)
    > but the ticket makes them appear on the island...much easier than trying
    > to track them.

    The Eon Ticket makes the other one appear on the island. If your game has
    Latias, then when you go to the island, it has Latios. You also need to have
    beaten the elite four.

    You can only get Jirachi from the preorder disk with Ruby/Sapphire, not
    FLRG.

    And yes, I do have Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Grean, Colosseum,
    Pre-Order disk, and an e-card reader w/Eon ticket. Even got a copy of
    Pokemon Box, and have the False Swipe Altaria, Extreme Speed Zigzagoon, Pay
    Day Skitty, and I'm working on the Surfing Pichu.

    "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in

    > "Jim Haidle" <joshua024015@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> Possibly Jirachi, too. And don't you need a ticket to get Rayquaza,
    or
    >>> am I thinking of the big L's (Latios or Latias, depending on
    version)?

    >> Jirachi also, yes, unless you have access to a Colosseum pre-order
    disk.
    >> But also Lugia. Ho-oh is in Colosseum, but Lugia is no where to be
    found.

    >> The Big L's are each huntable in their respective versions
    (Ruby/Sapphire)
    >> but the ticket makes them appear on the island...much easier than
    trying
    >> to track them.
    >
    > The Eon Ticket makes the other one appear on the island. If your game
    has
    > Latias, then when you go to the island, it has Latios. You also need to
    have
    > beaten the elite four.
    >
    > You can only get Jirachi from the preorder disk with Ruby/Sapphire, not
    > FLRG.
    >
    > And yes, I do have Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Grean, Colosseum,
    > Pre-Order disk, and an e-card reader w/Eon ticket. Even got a copy of
    > Pokemon Box, and have the False Swipe Altaria, Extreme Speed Zigzagoon,
    Pay
    > Day Skitty, and I'm working on the Surfing Pichu.

    Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
    apart from by cheating.
    As an aside to this I now have access to a gamecube and colosseum, my
    girlfriend weakened and decided that she would get one. The only problem
    was actually finding a pokemon bundle, it appears as though they are
    being taken off the shelves in favour of the donkey konga bundle.
    Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
    payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
    male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually get
    an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
    time on my hands.)
    Ted

    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.

    weirdwolf wrote:
    > Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
    > payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
    > male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually get
    > an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
    > time on my hands.)
    > Ted

    I'm fairly certain that you cannot bred Surf onto Pichu.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    "We never feel we are ready for whatever's calling us; The point is to
    do it anyway."

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in

    > Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
    > apart from by cheating.
    I almost missed out on the Eon ticket. I read in this newsgroup here, that
    it was in an issue of Nintendo Power, but I was a couple weeks late
    noticing. All of the stores except one had already taken down that issue of
    NP. Thank goodness for stores too lazy to do magazine returns. :)

    > As an aside to this I now have access to a gamecube and colosseum, my
    > girlfriend weakened and decided that she would get one. The only problem
    > was actually finding a pokemon bundle, it appears as though they are
    > being taken off the shelves in favour of the donkey konga bundle.
    > Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
    > payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
    > male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually get
    > an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
    > time on my hands.)

    50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for the
    surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online store.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in
    >
    >> Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
    >> apart from by cheating.
    > I almost missed out on the Eon ticket. I read in this newsgroup here,
    that
    > it was in an issue of Nintendo Power, but I was a couple weeks late
    > noticing. All of the stores except one had already taken down that
    issue of
    > NP. Thank goodness for stores too lazy to do magazine returns. :)
    Do you have an ecard reader thingy then? I must admit I've never seen
    them on sale in the UK shops.

    >> As an aside to this I now have access to a gamecube and colosseum, my
    >> girlfriend weakened and decided that she would get one. The only
    problem
    >> was actually finding a pokemon bundle, it appears as though they are
    >> being taken off the shelves in favour of the donkey konga bundle.
    >> Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
    >> payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
    >> male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually
    get
    >> an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
    >> time on my hands.)
    >
    > 50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for
    the
    > surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online
    store.
    Did you get the bonus Jirachi disc with it? I think the thing that
    really gets me annoyed is that all the fans in the UK how have spent all
    their hard earned cash only to be completely ignored by Nintendo. We want
    to catch them all, we buy the stuff, I've been playing since yellow came
    out and have got several games over various platforms,(erm some of us
    even have other pokemon merchandise) we don't mind making pokemon
    difficult to catch but impossible to get is just infuriating.
    Ted

    --
    Evil is such a negative term........
    I prefer differently moraled.
    \ /
    0 0
    °
    ~
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    weirdwolf wrote:

    > Did you get the bonus Jirachi disc with it? I think the thing that
    > really gets me annoyed is that all the fans in the UK how have spent all
    > their hard earned cash only to be completely ignored by Nintendo. We want
    > to catch them all, we buy the stuff, I've been playing since yellow came
    > out and have got several games over various platforms,(erm some of us
    > even have other pokemon merchandise) we don't mind making pokemon
    > difficult to catch but impossible to get is just infuriating.

    Jirachi is obtainable in the European version of Pokemon Channel.

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:

    > "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in
    >
    > > Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
    > > apart from by cheating.
    > I almost missed out on the Eon ticket. I read in this newsgroup here, that
    > it was in an issue of Nintendo Power, but I was a couple weeks late
    > noticing. All of the stores except one had already taken down that issue of
    > NP. Thank goodness for stores too lazy to do magazine returns. :)
    >
    > > As an aside to this I now have access to a gamecube and colosseum, my
    > > girlfriend weakened and decided that she would get one. The only problem
    > > was actually finding a pokemon bundle, it appears as though they are
    > > being taken off the shelves in favour of the donkey konga bundle.
    > > Just how many pokemon do you need to deposite for the surf pichu and
    > > payday skitty and are the moves possible to breed on, I've got a shiny
    > > male zigzagoon from nintendo and was wondering if I could eventually get
    > > an extreme speed shiny,(pretty pointless I know but I've got lot's of
    > > time on my hands.)
    >
    > 50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for the
    > surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online store.

    How did they get them to you?

    --
    Richard The Blind Typer
    Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.

    > "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in
    >
    >> "weirdwolf" <weirdwolfnospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@comcast.net> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Bloody stupid ticket/disc themes, they make it damn near impossible
    >>> apart from by cheating.
    >> I almost missed out on the Eon ticket. I read in this newsgroup here,
    > that
    >> it was in an issue of Nintendo Power, but I was a couple weeks late
    >> noticing. All of the stores except one had already taken down that
    > issue of
    >> NP. Thank goodness for stores too lazy to do magazine returns. :)
    > Do you have an ecard reader thingy then? I must admit I've never seen
    > them on sale in the UK shops.

    Yeah, I have an e-card reader. About six months ago they had a package deal
    with a GBA and an e-card reader for US$69.99 (or $79.99, I forget).

    In the US we got Jirachi with the Colosseum pre-order disk. Well, I did
    anyway.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "richard e white" <chiphead@cox.net> wrote in message
    > "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
    >>
    >> 50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for
    >> the
    >> surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online
    >> store.
    >
    > How did they get them to you?

    You get an egg in one of the boxes, and you have to hatch it out. Hence the
    1499 for the pichu, 1500 fills up all the spaces in all the boxes. And they
    all have to be the same trainer.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:

    > "richard e white" <chiphead@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
    > >>
    > >> 50 for the extremespeed Zigzagoon, 500 for the payday Skitty, 1499 for
    > >> the
    > >> surfing Pichu. I had to order it directly from www.pokemon.com online
    > >> store.
    > >
    > > How did they get them to you?
    >
    > You get an egg in one of the boxes, and you have to hatch it out. Hence the
    > 1499 for the pichu, 1500 fills up all the spaces in all the boxes. And they
    > all have to be the same trainer.

    I don't understand. did you send in your cartrage after filling it up or what?

    --
    Richard The Blind Typer
    Lets Hear It For Talking Computers.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    richard e white wrote:
    > "Brion K. Lienhart" wrote:
    >>You get an egg in one of the boxes, and you have to hatch it out. Hence the
    >>1499 for the pichu, 1500 fills up all the spaces in all the boxes. And they
    >>all have to be the same trainer.
    >
    > I don't understand. did you send in your cartrage after filling it up or what?

    Almost but not quite fill it. You cartridge can have 1500, but it needs
    1 blank space for the pichu, so get 1499 ( = 1500 - 1 ).

Games Nintendo Video Games