Ris error 1317

Hello.

When starting the "Boot Information Negotiation Layer" service on the
server, i got error 1317, "the specified user does'nt exists".

According to KB262800, this have to do with the security on OU, computer
account or Ris-object in AD.

I have checked the permisson one all the above, but still got the same
error.

Thanks

Ok, try this... have the service use an administrator account instead of the
local system account. This will tell us if in fact this is the issue
(article 262800).

Good luck!
--
Mark R. Wilson, MCSA/MCSE i-Net+/Security+
Enterprise Platform Support

"Christian Dahlberg" <christian.dahlberg@lvn.se> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> When starting the "Boot Information Negotiation Layer" service on the
> server, i got error 1317, "the specified user does'nt exists".
>
> According to KB262800, this have to do with the security on OU, computer
> account or Ris-object in AD.
>
> I have checked the permisson one all the above, but still got the same
> error.
>
> Thanks

ok, changed the account to a domain admin account.
now getting error 1079, "The account specified is different from the account
specified for other services running in the same process"

Wich services is running in the same process.

/Christian

"Mark Wilson [MSFT]" <a-marwil@online.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Ok, try this... have the service use an administrator account instead of
the
> local system account. This will tell us if in fact this is the issue
> (article 262800).
>
> Good luck!
> --
> Mark R. Wilson, MCSA/MCSE i-Net+/Security+
> Enterprise Platform Support
> Server Setup

rights.

> "Christian Dahlberg" <christian.dahlberg@lvn.se> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> >
> > When starting the "Boot Information Negotiation Layer" service on the
> > server, i got error 1317, "the specified user does'nt exists".
> >
> > According to KB262800, this have to do with the security on OU, computer
> > account or Ris-object in AD.
> >
> > I have checked the permisson one all the above, but still got the same
> > error.
> >
> > Thanks

Go ahead & change service account back to system. This issue would be better
suited for the Directory Services newsgroup. Please post there & reference
the 262800 article.