Sasser Worm

Subject: Sasser worm
My hard drive has been infected by the Sasser worm. The
computer keeps rebooting and I cannot find instructions on
how to stop the system from rebooting long enough to load
the microsoft patch. The directions that I found on
Symantec do not work on Windows 2000. Does anyone know a
way around this problem?
..
2 answers Last reply
More about sasser worm

    This should get you through it.

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser_print2000.asp

    Good luck!

    --
    Mark R. Wilson, MCSA/MCSE i-Net+/Security+
    Enterprise Platform Support

    "RR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Subject: Sasser worm
    > My hard drive has been infected by the Sasser worm. The
    > computer keeps rebooting and I cannot find instructions on
    > how to stop the system from rebooting long enough to load
    > the microsoft patch. The directions that I found on
    > Symantec do not work on Windows 2000. Does anyone know a
    > way around this problem?
    > .

    Disconnect the infected PC from the Internet.

    Download sasserfix from Norman's Antivirus Site (www.norman.com) to another
    PC. Copy the file to a floppy, CD or other removable media (416kb) and run
    it on the infected PC. This will remove the infection.

    Then connect the cleaned PC to the Internet and download Microsoft's patch.

    -Olaf-

    ===== Originalmelding fra "RR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> på
    27.05.04 02:35
    >Subject: Sasser worm
    >My hard drive has been infected by the Sasser worm. The
    >computer keeps rebooting and I cannot find instructions on
    >how to stop the system from rebooting long enough to load
    >the microsoft patch. The directions that I found on
    >Symantec do not work on Windows 2000. Does anyone know a
    >way around this problem?
    >.

Worm Microsoft Windows