Sasser Worm

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 26, 2004 9:35:56 PM

Subject: Sasser worm
My hard drive has been infected by the Sasser worm. The
computer keeps rebooting and I cannot find instructions on
how to stop the system from rebooting long enough to load
the microsoft patch. The directions that I found on
Symantec do not work on Windows 2000. Does anyone know a
way around this problem?
..

More about : sasser worm

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 2:21:24 PM

This should get you through it.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser_print...

Good luck!

--
Mark R. Wilson, MCSA/MCSE i-Net+/Security+
Enterprise Platform Support

"RR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Subject: Sasser worm
> My hard drive has been infected by the Sasser worm. The
> computer keeps rebooting and I cannot find instructions on
> how to stop the system from rebooting long enough to load
> the microsoft patch. The directions that I found on
> Symantec do not work on Windows 2000. Does anyone know a
> way around this problem?
> .

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 3:20:20 PM

Disconnect the infected PC from the Internet.

Download sasserfix from Norman's Antivirus Site (www.norman.com) to another
PC. Copy the file to a floppy, CD or other removable media (416kb) and run
it on the infected PC. This will remove the infection.

Then connect the cleaned PC to the Internet and download Microsoft's patch.

-Olaf-

===== Originalmelding fra "RR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> på
27.05.04 02:35

!