RIS NIC error

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I'm testing the deployment of a Compaq D530 with a
Broadcom Xtreme GBIC card and no matter which way I
attempt to do the install (CD Image or RIPREP) I
continuously get the following error:

"The operating system image you selected does not contain
the necessary drivers for your network adapter."

I have found the .inf, .cat, and the .sys files but have
read conflicting places to put these files. Can someone
please give me a hint where I need to place these files
so the install will work.

Thanks!

RIS has very limited nic support, check the cards avaible
when you make the disk, also there is a patch for ripprep
if you are trying to push XP with 2000 server

Copy all files such as .INF, .PNF .SYS to the i386 directory. Also copy the
..INF to the $oem$\$$\INF directory.

In addtion, copy all the files to a directory psecified in the PNPDrivers
line within your unattended answer file.

"Troy" wrote:

> I'm testing the deployment of a Compaq D530 with a
> Broadcom Xtreme GBIC card and no matter which way I
> attempt to do the install (CD Image or RIPREP) I
> continuously get the following error:
>
> "The operating system image you selected does not contain
> the necessary drivers for your network adapter."
>
> I have found the .inf, .cat, and the .sys files but have
> read conflicting places to put these files. Can someone
> please give me a hint where I need to place these files
> so the install will work.
>
> Thanks!

Where do you people come from?

If you are going to post to a newsgroup, answer the question. Or offer
helpful advice as to where the solution may be found.

If you do not know. DO NOT SPEAK!!!

You are totally wrong. The patch has nothing to do with network cards
whatsoever. I suggest you go back to basic school, or look at the CORRECT
solution which I have posted.