Search not working for text

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

I have noticed that on both my Wxp Home and Wxp Pro systems, that when I
search looking for 'words' within a file using a NON-mapped network drive,
that nothing is showing up unless it is a like a Word or Excel file. Worked
fine under W2000. Any ideas?
-Dennis-

Content based search on XP is 'suffix' aware.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309447
If there isn't a context handler, search will not examine the contents of
the file.

--
Walter Clayton