  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
a b Ô Samsung
September 11, 2004 10:16:45 PM

I just bought a Samsung HDTV and the OTA HD is great, but the analog
stations vary. For some reason, I get vertical lines consisting of
small dots that move across the screen from left to right on some
stations. The analog tv I was using with the same antenna in the same
location didn't do this. Is this an antenna problem?

More about : vertical lines hdtv

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
September 12, 2004 11:07:47 AM

curtgottler@yahoo.com (CGott) wrote in news:70fae150.0409111716.29fa4d50
@posting.google.com:

> I just bought a Samsung HDTV and the OTA HD is great, but the analog
> stations vary. For some reason, I get vertical lines consisting of
> small dots that move across the screen from left to right on some
> stations. The analog tv I was using with the same antenna in the same
> location didn't do this. Is this an antenna problem?

Sounds like it may be a bit of interference from some local source. Try
turning things off, beginning with your comuputer. If that's the case,
then an antenna, placed well away from the source of the interference may
well cure it.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

a b Ô Samsung
September 12, 2004 7:36:36 PM

CGott wrote:
> I just bought a Samsung HDTV and the OTA HD is great, but the analog
> stations vary. For some reason, I get vertical lines consisting of
> small dots that move across the screen from left to right on some
> stations. The analog tv I was using with the same antenna in the same
> location didn't do this. Is this an antenna problem?

Do you have any heavy draw items on the cicuit such as a fridge? Check your
grounding as well.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
September 13, 2004 1:15:27 AM

Could even be an internal problem in the set. Are you connected via DVI,
Composite, RF, ??? Are you using a CABLE Box, HD Tuner, ??? Is the Samsung
a Generic HD or is there a specific model?? Too many variables to even
hazard any kind of relevant guess, gov. Please repost indicating model
number of the set, make and model number of the HD tuner, and/or CATV box.
Maybe then you may receive relevant answers to your post.

!