BIOS Update Problem

March 23, 2005 2:07:51 PM

I have been trying to update the BIOS on an IBM 2257 from the existing
21KT28AUS to 21JT30US as prescribed on the IBM driver site located at
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4YPU4G....

It is supposed to flash from the OS.

Problem: I select the Client Mode and it says the BIOS is "unknown". When I
edit the information with the machine type and the current BIOS I am getting
the following message "IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE". I have attempted to update the
BIOS from a diskette as well with the same lack of success.
Any suggestions or recommendations?
I appreciate your help

More about : bios update problem

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 2:07:52 PM

Contact IBM Support
http://www.ibm.com/planetwide/us/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Denis Mahoney" wrote:

| I have been trying to update the BIOS on an IBM 2257 from the existing
| 21KT28AUS to 21JT30US as prescribed on the IBM driver site located at

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4YPU4G....

| It is supposed to flash from the OS.
|
| Problem: I select the Client Mode and it says the BIOS is "unknown". When I
| edit the information with the machine type and the current BIOS I am getting
| the following message "IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE". I have attempted to update the
| BIOS from a diskette as well with the same lack of success.
| Any suggestions or recommendations?
| I appreciate your help
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 3:58:35 PM

I was trying to save the 59 dollars they want to charge me if it was just an
easy fix. I guess it is not an easy fix! Thanks

> Contact IBM Support
> http://www.ibm.com/planetwide/us/
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Denis Mahoney" wrote:
>
> | I have been trying to update the BIOS on an IBM 2257 from the existing
> | 21KT28AUS to 21JT30US as prescribed on the IBM driver site located at
> |
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4YPU4G....
> |
> | It is supposed to flash from the OS.
> |
> | Problem: I select the Client Mode and it says the BIOS is "unknown".
> When I
> | edit the information with the machine type and the current BIOS I am
> getting
> | the following message "IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE". I have attempted to update
> the
> | BIOS from a diskette as well with the same lack of success.
> | Any suggestions or recommendations?
> | I appreciate your help

March 23, 2005 7:11:53 PM

Go to this site:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=IBM+22...

Watch wrap on URL.

Print out the text instructions directly below the download for the
different bios flash routines. Download the bios flash and unzip it or
create the boot flash disk according to instructions. (I recommend using the
floppy disk version.)

Turn off the computer and plug it into an uninterruptable power supply
(needed if power drops out while the flash is processing otherwise the
computer will be a pile of junk.)

Follow the instructions to the letter on the printout you just created. A
blown bios flash can corrupt the computer's bios and you will not be able to
even get a POST.

Good luck.

"Denis Mahoney" <dmahoney2@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>I have been trying to update the BIOS on an IBM 2257 from the existing
>21KT28AUS to 21JT30US as prescribed on the IBM driver site located at
>http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4YPU4G....
>
> It is supposed to flash from the OS.
>
> Problem: I select the Client Mode and it says the BIOS is "unknown". When
> I edit the information with the machine type and the current BIOS I am
> getting the following message "IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE". I have attempted to
> update the BIOS from a diskette as well with the same lack of success.
> Any suggestions or recommendations?
> I appreciate your help

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 9:19:27 PM

Thank you LV Travel - It worked like a charm and the computer is still
working! By the way I keep getting this message regarding "ccApp" would you
happen to know what that is about? It comes up intermittently when the
computer is shutting down saying it cannot close but I can't find anything
in the system that remotely looks like a ccApp

Cheers and thanks again

"LVTravel" <trash@dd.com> wrote in message
> Go to this site:
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=IBM+22...
>
> Watch wrap on URL.
>
> Print out the text instructions directly below the download for the
> different bios flash routines. Download the bios flash and unzip it or
> create the boot flash disk according to instructions. (I recommend using
> the floppy disk version.)
>
> Turn off the computer and plug it into an uninterruptable power supply
> (needed if power drops out while the flash is processing otherwise the
> computer will be a pile of junk.)
>
> Follow the instructions to the letter on the printout you just created. A
> blown bios flash can corrupt the computer's bios and you will not be able
> to even get a POST.
>
> Good luck.
>
> "Denis Mahoney" <dmahoney2@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>>I have been trying to update the BIOS on an IBM 2257 from the existing
>>21KT28AUS to 21JT30US as prescribed on the IBM driver site located at
>>http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4YPU4G....
>>
>> It is supposed to flash from the OS.
>>
>> Problem: I select the Client Mode and it says the BIOS is "unknown". When
>> I edit the information with the machine type and the current BIOS I am
>> getting the following message "IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE". I have attempted to
>> update the BIOS from a diskette as well with the same lack of success.
>> Any suggestions or recommendations?
>> I appreciate your help

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 9:19:28 PM

ccapp.exe - Process Information
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/process...

Manually run Norton's LiveUpdate.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Denis Mahoney" wrote:

| Thank you LV Travel - It worked like a charm and the computer is still
| working! By the way I keep getting this message regarding "ccApp" would you
| happen to know what that is about? It comes up intermittently when the
| computer is shutting down saying it cannot close but I can't find anything
| in the system that remotely looks like a ccApp
|
| Cheers and thanks again
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 12:24:28 AM

If that doesn't do it, navigate to the support page on the Symantec site and
let the automated diagnostic tool check your Symantec software for problems.

!