Missing Images on Ris Server

Hello All,

I have kind of a strange problem. I've made a few images with the
Riprep tool. I made them both with a Dell GX110. They work fine for
that system and others as well.

However If I try to boot up with a Dell GX1 the only loads that show
up are my base installs from CD. None of the Riprep loads show up.

Any Idea?

Thanks
Eric

Adam

It's probably because the HAL layer between the GX110 and
the GX1 is different.

RIS will only show images with compatible HAL
layers.....I'm trying to remember if that is true for RIS
on Windows Server 2000, or Server 2003.

For instance...I created an image on an IBM 300GL...this
worked great for many different PC/Laptop models. But
when I went to image a newer Compaq/HP, the image wasn't
in the list.

If I remember correctly..in 2000, you will see all the
images...but if you select an imcompatible Image, you
will get a HAL error message. On 2003, you won't see the
incompatible images.

At any rate...it is definitely a HAL layer
difference...this is builtin behavior, and normal.

Ahh Haaaa...

I see the light

Thanks so much

Eric