Missing Images on Ris Server

Hello All,

I have kind of a strange problem. I've made a few images with the
Riprep tool. I made them both with a Dell GX110. They work fine for
that system and others as well.

However If I try to boot up with a Dell GX1 the only loads that show
up are my base installs from CD. None of the Riprep loads show up.

Any Idea?

Thanks
Eric
2 answers Last reply
More about missing images server

    It's probably because the HAL layer between the GX110 and
    the GX1 is different.

    RIS will only show images with compatible HAL
    layers.....I'm trying to remember if that is true for RIS
    on Windows Server 2000, or Server 2003.

    For instance...I created an image on an IBM 300GL...this
    worked great for many different PC/Laptop models. But
    when I went to image a newer Compaq/HP, the image wasn't
    in the list.

    If I remember correctly..in 2000, you will see all the
    images...but if you select an imcompatible Image, you
    will get a HAL error message. On 2003, you won't see the
    incompatible images.

    At any rate...it is definitely a HAL layer
    difference...this is builtin behavior, and normal.

    Ahh Haaaa...

    I see the light

    Thanks so much

    Eric

    "Adam" <adam.hutcheson@ups-scs.com> wrote in message
    > It's probably because the HAL layer between the GX110 and
    > the GX1 is different.
    >
    > RIS will only show images with compatible HAL
    > layers.....I'm trying to remember if that is true for RIS
    > on Windows Server 2000, or Server 2003.
    >
    > For instance...I created an image on an IBM 300GL...this
    > worked great for many different PC/Laptop models. But
    > when I went to image a newer Compaq/HP, the image wasn't
    > in the list.
    >
    > If I remember correctly..in 2000, you will see all the
    > images...but if you select an imcompatible Image, you
    > will get a HAL error message. On 2003, you won't see the
    > incompatible images.
    >
    > At any rate...it is definitely a HAL layer
    > difference...this is builtin behavior, and normal.

Servers Microsoft Dell Windows