Ris boot disk Drivers

Hello All,

Is there a way to add nic drivers to the RIS boot disk. Or does somebody
make a third party boot disk that will let me boot into a RIS server with a
wider selection of nic drivers.

Does that make sense? Hmmm, well if it doesn't let me know.

Thanks
Eric

Hi Eric

It's not possible to extend Microsoft's RIS boot disk. However, Argon
Technologies produces a PXE on Disk product

http://www.argontechnology.com/products.aspx?id=22

I have no experience of this product, so I don't know its capabilities.

Another option I've heard people use is a USB Ethernet adaptor which is
compatible with a PXE boot floppy. If you can find a model that works well
for you, you can plug it in to any machine and know you can do a PXE boot.

Hope this is some use.

Oli