  • Power
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 6, 2005 7:10:09 PM

I'm getting tired of my blaster is running out of end and I thought of an
idea to try to cope with this. I though I'd run it by you guys before going
too far.

I have Conserve Power and I'm thinking of slotting it with 6 slots of
reduced recharge. I think I have it slotted with three at the moment.

I was also thinking of getting Hasten from the Speed powers to further
reduce its recharge time and top it all off with climbing the Fitness ladder
to Stamina.

Will slots of reduced recharge time stack with Hasten? I'm hoping to get
something I can use as often as Build Up.

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to
fit their views
....which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that
needs altering."
-The Doctor

More about : lightning power blaster

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 3:17:20 AM

Vorlonagent wrote:

> Will slots of reduced recharge time stack with Hasten? I'm hoping to get
> something I can use as often as Build Up.

Yep. Essentially Hasten is 2 x Recharge SOs.

So with perma-Hasten you can, in essence, 8-slot a power with Recharge if
you need to.

--
| Victory Server: |
| Bex - Level 33 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
>> Will slots of reduced recharge time stack with Hasten? I'm hoping to
>> get something I can use as often as Build Up.

> Yep. Essentially Hasten is 2 x Recharge SOs.
>
> So with perma-Hasten you can, in essence, 8-slot a power with Recharge
> if you need to.

I think Hasten is pretty much a no-brainer; take it as early as you can,
feed it slots slowly (not a lot of point in 6-slotting it with Training or
DOs) and get it to 6-slot SO as soon as you can. Completely changes play
for any build dependent on recharge times. That is, pretty much all of
them.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

"Shenanigunner" <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in message
> John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
>>> Will slots of reduced recharge time stack with Hasten? I'm hoping to
>>> get something I can use as often as Build Up.
>
>> Yep. Essentially Hasten is 2 x Recharge SOs.
>>
>> So with perma-Hasten you can, in essence, 8-slot a power with Recharge
>> if you need to.
>
> I think Hasten is pretty much a no-brainer; take it as early as you can,
> feed it slots slowly (not a lot of point in 6-slotting it with Training or
> DOs) and get it to 6-slot SO as soon as you can. Completely changes play
> for any build dependent on recharge times. That is, pretty much all of
> them.

I have a stone stone tanker that took Conserve with the Energy Mastery epic
pool set. Since I did this with a respec I was able to shift slots to make
it 4 slot
recharge reduction --also got hasten with 4 slots in same rebuild. Very nice
set
especially since it allows me to keep granite, mudpots, focused accuracy
(also
epic set) and main attacks going nearly constantly --stamina is 6 slotted of
course. Conserve for my build is slower than mainlines of course, so it is
like one
of the rech reductions isn't really there...

I still think it is funny to watch people's reactions when I zoom in with
mudpots
only going, switch on to granite (growing to 15 ft tall) --hit a sapper with
seismic
so he duhs a while. Then I hit hasten, build up and slap the hammers around
seven times. I keep brawl on autofire so it hits every other shot usually,
and acts
like mudpots is doing X2 to that one target.

Just got rooted (well I never had taunt either...) and its funny to see him
going
even slower --but almost never getting problems with that second or third
sapper
in groups. They can take my end of course, but can't stun me enough to stop
me
most of the time between acrobatics, rooted, and granite all going at once.
And
since not stunned can pop blue chips as needed (catch a breath etc).

Scotto the Unwise
Zand on liberty 47 stone stone energy
!