Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just upgraded to the Sony Z500a. The salesperson told me, I saw his lips
moving but I still listened, that there was no problem connecting using CSD.
I didn't need any additional add-on's or plans. Supposedly all I needed was
a RS232 cable and download the software and I would be ready to go. He said
he had tried it and was getting 110mbps. Now I saw his lips moving again so
he couldn't have been pulling my string could he???

My real problem is that I've downloaded the software and hooked up the RS232
and set up a dial in connection. I have only been able to connect once at
what I knew all along would only be at 9.6 Oh well. Even that speed will
be ok in airports while I'm waiting. Another way to use all those rollover
minutes that keep accumulating. Any ideas what could be causing the phone
to not connect. It dials ok and connects and except for the one time when
it gets to the Verifying username and password screen I eventually get a
error code pop up and it disconnects.

In <M0Gyd.11188$yK.1067@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> on Thu, 23 Dec 2004
20:38:04 GMT, "Larry" <lgbuck1@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Just upgraded to the Sony Z500a. The salesperson told me, I saw his lips
>moving but I still listened, that there was no problem connecting using CSD.
>I didn't need any additional add-on's or plans. Supposedly all I needed was
>a RS232 cable and download the software and I would be ready to go. He said
>he had tried it and was getting 110mbps. Now I saw his lips moving again so
>he couldn't have been pulling my string could he???
>
>My real problem is that I've downloaded the software and hooked up the RS232
>and set up a dial in connection. I have only been able to connect once at
>what I knew all along would only be at 9.6 Oh well. Even that speed will
>be ok in airports while I'm waiting. Another way to use all those rollover
>minutes that keep accumulating. Any ideas what could be causing the phone
>to not connect. It dials ok and connects and except for the one time when
>it gets to the Verifying username and password screen I eventually get a
>error code pop up and it disconnects.

Make sure your account is provisioned for CSD.