2000 pro installation

i'm attempting to install 2k pro. when 4th setup boot is
starting up 2000pro disk, following nastygram pops up;

The following value in the .sif file used by setup is
corrupted or missing:
Value 0 on the line in section
key"sp3.cab."
Setup cannot continue.

Heartbreaking to say the least, helppppp
2 answers Last reply
More about 2000 installation

    Best to boot the CD-Rom. Try recreating the floppies. The set of four
    install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the
    \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or
    makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "johnnym" wrote:
    | i'm attempting to install 2k pro. when 4th setup boot is
    | starting up 2000pro disk, following nastygram pops up;
    |
    | The following value in the .sif file used by setup is
    | corrupted or missing:
    | Value 0 on the line in section
    | key"sp3.cab."
    | Setup cannot continue.
    |
    | Heartbreaking to say the least, helppppp

    I take it your using a sp3 set of setup disks with a sp3 os ?
    I wont ask why your still using sp3 with windows 2000 !

    "johnnym" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i'm attempting to install 2k pro. when 4th setup boot is
    > starting up 2000pro disk, following nastygram pops up;
    >
    > The following value in the .sif file used by setup is
    > corrupted or missing:
    > Value 0 on the line in section
    > key"sp3.cab."
    > Setup cannot continue.
    >
    > Heartbreaking to say the least, helppppp

Boot Microsoft Windows