2000 pro installation

JohnnyM

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

i'm attempting to install 2k pro. when 4th setup boot is
starting up 2000pro disk, following nastygram pops up;

The following value in the .sif file used by setup is
corrupted or missing:
Value 0 on the line in section [source,disks,files]
key"sp3.cab."
Setup cannot continue.

Heartbreaking to say the least, helppppp

Best to boot the CD-Rom. Try recreating the floppies. The set of four
install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the
\bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or
makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"johnnym" wrote:
| i'm attempting to install 2k pro. when 4th setup boot is
| starting up 2000pro disk, following nastygram pops up;
|
| The following value in the .sif file used by setup is
| corrupted or missing:
| Value 0 on the line in section [source,disks,files]
| key"sp3.cab."
| Setup cannot continue.
|
| Heartbreaking to say the least, helppppp

I take it your using a sp3 set of setup disks with a sp3 os ?
I wont ask why your still using sp3 with windows 2000 !