RIS Question

Hi, I was reading up on a RIS Knowledge base article which quoted this...

"The drive on the server where you choose to install RIS must be formatted
with the NTFS file system. RIS requires a significant amount of disk space
and cannot be installed on the same drive or partition on which Windows 2000
Server is installed...."

Am I correct in saying that the RIS images then must be placed in a total
seperate drive from the master drive in the server? I'm sure I read
elsewhere that RIS
could be installed on the same drive, as long as it was 2GB+ and on a
seperate
partition. But, from the quote above it's saying a seperate drive must be
used.

Anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank You
2 answers Last reply
More about question

    It can be on the same drive, but not in same partition! So if you've
    installed windows server on c: you can have RIS on D:

    /Jones

    "jones" <jonas_gregersen@nospam.yahoo.dk> wrote in message
    > It can be on the same drive, but not in same partition! So if you've
    > installed windows server on c: you can have RIS on D:
    >
    > /Jones

    Thanks for that Jones!

Servers Windows