RIS Question

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 10, 2004 5:28:45 PM

Hi, I was reading up on a RIS Knowledge base article which quoted this...

"The drive on the server where you choose to install RIS must be formatted
with the NTFS file system. RIS requires a significant amount of disk space
and cannot be installed on the same drive or partition on which Windows 2000
Server is installed...."

Am I correct in saying that the RIS images then must be placed in a total
seperate drive from the master drive in the server? I'm sure I read
elsewhere that RIS
could be installed on the same drive, as long as it was 2GB+ and on a
seperate
partition. But, from the quote above it's saying a seperate drive must be
used.

Anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank You

More about : ris question

June 11, 2004 1:05:21 PM

It can be on the same drive, but not in same partition! So if you've
installed windows server on c: you can have RIS on D:

/Jones
Anonymous
June 11, 2004 6:46:08 PM

"jones" <jonas_gregersen@nospam.yahoo.dk> wrote in message
> It can be on the same drive, but not in same partition! So if you've
> installed windows server on c: you can have RIS on D:
>
> /Jones

Thanks for that Jones!
!