makaveli03

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2003
Dell is crap. I'm posting this on here because I need some assistance. I normally wouldn't buy Dell crap but it was for my office. I bought an E521 with an Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz. CPU-Z, SIW, and WCPUID ALL say this processor is running at 1002.09 MHz. What the F is that? Anyone have any idea why this would be the case?

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Dell is crap. I'm posting this on here because I need some assistance. I normally wouldn't buy Dell crap but it was for my office. I bought an E521 with an Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz. CPU-Z, SIW, and WCPUID ALL say this processor is running at 1002.09 MHz. What the F is that? Anyone have any idea why this would be the case?

Try learning something about AMD's cool and quiet technology before blaiming the manufacturer for your ignorance.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
The 'problem' is something called Cool'n'Quiet and it's throttling back your CPU automatically when there is little or no load; try compressing a large file or playing a high quality video and you will see the CPU speed bump to 2.0GHz until the process has finished, and then back to 1.0GHz :wink:

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Schadenfreude parties are the best. We're inviting you to one for this thread.

Don't feel so bad, I was confused by my E4300 throttling back, myself. Live and learn, then get Luvs.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
But he still reserves the right to and is totally entitled to hate Dell, and not blame AMD :D

It's just the natural thing to do, Hate on Dell :)twisted:)

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
:lol: Only the technically Advanced(snickers) Representatives of Dell could pull that off and still look Graceful to the West Virginia soccer Mom.

the_vorlon

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
:lol: Only the technically Advanced(snickers) Representatives of Dell could pull that off and still look Graceful to the West Virginia soccer Mom.

Ouch.. that's gotta hurt :)

You know you're in Arkansas when the people think the moon landings were fakes, but that professional wrestling is real....

Why is everybody in Arkansas called Billy-Jim-Bo-Bob?

'Cause that's his monna's four best guesses as to Daddy's first name.....

.......thankfully she only had 4 brothers.....

mrmez

Splendid
Dell is crap.

Since when is that "crazy @#$@#"???

Look up 'Dell' in the dictionary: Dell is $h1T

Its obvious that Dell are ripping u off man! Take ur pc back or have it RMA'd. ASAP.

Better yet, make an example if it AND Dell by burning the PC and fire bombing any Dell store you see. THEY MUST PAY FOR THEIR IGNORGNCE!!!1111

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Dell is crap.

Its obvious that Dell are ripping u off man! Take ur pc back or have it RMA'd. ASAP.

Better yet, make an example if it AND Dell by burning the PC and fire bombing any Dell store you see. THEY MUST PAY FOR THEIR IGNORGNCE!!!1111
That is dangerous talk pre-911 and more so post-911.

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Dell is crap.

Nah, this is an advanced form of dark humor, or sarcasm, or sheer idiocy. Any one seems to be as likely as the next. I'm going to have some pudding, and enjoy my Gateway.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Dell is crap.

Nah, this is an advanced form of dark humor, or sarcasm, or sheer idiocy. Any one seems to be as likely as the next. I'm going to have some pudding, and enjoy my Gateway.

I know it's humor but it's still dicey talk.

StevieD

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004

Ouch.. that's gotta hurt :)

You know you're in Arkansas when the people think the moon landings were fakes, but that professional wrestling is real....

Why is everybody in Arkansas called Billy-Jim-Bo-Bob?

'Cause that's his monna's four best guesses as to Daddy's first name.....

.......thankfully she only had 4 brothers.....

That reminds me of one my favorite Arkansas joke.

Little Missy speaking to her husband Bubba: "Bubba, if we get a divorce will I still be your sister?"

a-nano-moose

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
As has been stated it is cool and quiet. you can disable it in bios or just go to the power settings and set the power profile to always on or possibly desktop. the laptop/ mobile setting enables it. personally I would leave it on
so the computer doesn't crank out so much heat. it will still run full speed when the programs require it to.

flasher702

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Dell is crap.

I know it's humor but it's still dicey talk.
bomb bomb bomb jihad airplane nuke anthrax vahalla detonate ricin inferno death infidel ice cream cone

Dood, chill out a little bit. The worst form of censorship is self-censorship.

In related news, our OP seems to have dissapeared. I hope he has learned his lesson about doing research before blaming others xD

mrmez

Splendid
Dell is crap.

Funny that....
Why is th USA ALWAYS the benchmark for everything? Dont get me wrong, im not saying it wasnt a tradgedy etc, but look at the rest of the world for once. South Africa for example (where i was born). EVERY YEAR there are ~7,000 murders, attempted murders and rape cases. Not taking into account assults, serious assults, all forms of robbery and hijackings. All of that in a city of ~3Mil. Thats not faceless crime either, thats your mom, sister, wife, gran getting carjacked, robbed, raped, beaten and shot if shes lucky. Id rather die in a 'towering inferno' TBH.

Anyway... my point is real terrorism has been going on for DECADES, just because it didnt happen in the USA before 911, doesnt mean its not out there, thriving.

So when u make pre/post 911 comments, think of a city the size of LA... 1 in 1,000 will be murdered, even higher if you include culpable homicide. Thats the environment i grew up in, so again, while 911 is very tragic, it doesnt really mean anything to me.

Again... sry if i offend anyone, but 911... to most people outside the USA 911 means nothing more that more airline security garbage.

Oh and back to the point... yah, cool n quiet... try a search next time, at least u dont have to wait for a response or put up with BS.