Adding language to Win2k

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 17, 2004 9:25:57 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to add Simplified Chinese language to Win2k,
but am called either for SP4 CD, or Win2k CD, depending on
if I go for install-on-demand, or via the language
selector in regional. Problem: Have the CD's but no CD
drive, as this has been disconnected by ops. I have full
local admin, tho, so is there some way I can get access to
the appropriate dlls without a CD?

More about : adding language win2k

Anonymous
June 17, 2004 6:52:11 PM

You can copy contents of CD from a PC that has CD to network share and when
asked for CD point to network share.
For example.
Copy contents of CD to \\YourServer\Setup\Win2k
When asked for CD, reply:
\\YourServer\Setup\Win2k\ or (sometimes) \\YourServer\Setup\Win2k\I386

Dusko Savatovic

!