disable windows media player for domain users

hi,

we have a domain network wherein there are more then 50 nodes (win xp pro & win2k server). as the users seems to bring Video CDs and watch movies at office hours also, i want to restrict them from using windows media player. is it possible via GP.

i had just recently seen a program wherein there was this option of restriction, wherein only administrator can use it. as i dont want any third party software, i need suppost from within the OS. pls suggest

aken
1 answer Last reply
More about disable windows media player domain users

    Yes. Setup a file restriction policy, and deny execute rights to
    "%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" for your users. :)

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "aken" <aken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > we have a domain network wherein there are more then 50 nodes (win xp pro
    & win2k server). as the users seems to bring Video CDs and watch movies at
    office hours also, i want to restrict them from using windows media player.
    is it possible via GP.

    > i had just recently seen a program wherein there was this option of
    restriction, wherein only administrator can use it. as i dont want any third
    party software, i need suppost from within the OS. pls suggest

    > aken

Domain Media Player Windows