disable windows media player for domain users

Aken

Distinguished
May 31, 2004

hi,

we have a domain network wherein there are more then 50 nodes (win xp pro & win2k server). as the users seems to bring Video CDs and watch movies at office hours also, i want to restrict them from using windows media player. is it possible via GP.

i had just recently seen a program wherein there was this option of restriction, wherein only administrator can use it. as i dont want any third party software, i need suppost from within the OS. pls suggest

aken

Yes. Setup a file restriction policy, and deny execute rights to
"%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" for your users. :)

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com